Need a little help

jetblacknismo

Man! Its been forever since i have been on this site. Its great to be back and seeing what is going on around here. I am still playing tons of games with my emulators, but started to try and dive into older PC games.

I D/L'ed a torrent for an old PC game and also had to D/L DAEMON Tools Lite in order for my PC to "see" a disc in the drive. I got along just fine until suddenly when i go to play the game a message pops up saying that i need Directx 7. I was wondering why the current Directx wont just run it. And if not, i could D/L old Directx 7, but am curious if it will run as with a current one already there?

I am going to try it anyways, but am stuck at work for the rest of the night and thought i would ask.

Thanks for your time! :)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I was wondering why the current Directx wont just run it. And if not, i could D/L old Directx 7, but am curious if it will run as with a current one already there?
Yes its DX has always sated it was backward compatible. So you just need the latest. Now with 10 I here there were a few changes and for a long time you could not use it for < 9 dx games. I think thats all resolved now as I use the latest DX and my older games still play.