Hello people :)

LMH

Hi everyone,

My name is Lee, I'm from Sheffield, England and I look like a bald David Hasslehoff. I apparently set up an account here previously... probably from when I used to be messing around with emulators for the Dreamcast a few years ago. I achieved just about everything I wanted to (SNES, Mega Drive/Genesis, GameBoy, NeoGeo etc. working on Dreamcast with customised menus and stuff) but now I'm starting my next project because:

1. The Dreamcast doesn't emulate certain 16 bit games very well.
2. The controllers are too short reach my sofa in my new big front room.
3. Dreamcast controllers are the devil.

So, I'm now working on my next project, which is a dedicated PC for running emulators. It will be hooked up to my HDTV and use wireless PS3 controllers. I also have a wireless keboard/trackpad, but I want my setup to utilise this as little as possible. While I wait for my bits to arrive from Ebay, I'm making a start with emulator stuff on my current PC for the first time ever. So far, I've got SNES9X working full screen on HDTV with PS2 pads (woohooo!! lol).

My goal is to get lots of emulators working with a slick looking front end that works totally from the control pads (no messing around tryping/clicking things) and that makes switching between different consoles really easy. If I can change the emu settings with the control pad, this would be great too. Any advice here would be useful. Hyperspin looks like a good option, but I'd prefer something that's a bit less loud if possible lol. My other concern is that the PC won't be powerful enough to run it well. My dad is working on a basic PC as a birthday gift at the moment (he loves building computers). I'm not totally sure what the spec will be, but will probably be a single core pentium4, 1gb (or maybe 2gb) of RAM with an 80gb hard drive, running on XP. If all else fails, I'll settle for a black screen with white text lol.

Any other advice about the best emulators for running SNES, Genesis, N64, Gameboy Advance, Master System, NES and other systems will be useful. The system really doesn't need to do consoles any more powerful than this as I already have a PS2, PS3, Wii, DC, Gamecube, SNES and NES set up under my TV with just about every game I want... but you can never have enough :)

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
I wish you luck. It looks like you are a HUGE fan of gaming considering the consoles you own ;)