Computer Problem: Too many Roms

devastatingdoug

Hi I need some help,
I have gotten my hands on quite a few complete sets of roms for various systems however I have a problem.

I have multiple versions of the same game, the entire set is named nicely, with suffix 's at the end of the rom names like (J), (E), (H4), (rev 2) are some examples.

I do understand what some of them mean, but my major problem is I only want one version of each game, I do not need 5 genesis versions of altered beast. I there any program anyone can suggest to filter out extra's I've tried a few with no luck. My other problem is that some games have only one version and no suffix, so I cant just search everything with a (E) at the end.

thank you.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
well it depends on the collection but every set has rom renamers and profiling tools. For console's ( not CDS sets ) use good tools.

devastatingdoug

well it depends on the collection but every set has rom renamers and profiling tools. For console's ( not CDS sets ) use good tools.

good tools is that something I can download? Also if I have 7 roms of the same game what is the "best" one? the highest revision number, I see a lot of [h4]'s is that similar to the revision number?

devastatingdoug

I downloaded "complete" collections of roms, is there a term the emulation community uses to define a set that has one working version of each game, It might be easier to just look for that.