Playstation stand alone video game recommendation

animalia

I would like a recommendation for a Playstation 1 game that has NO prequels, sequels, or spinoffs.

P.S. Someone asked me why I Keep making these threads, the reason is if I want to be able to get a system play a game for it, without having to worry about a franchise.

P.P.S. I Recently bought Karnov for the NES on someones recommendation it just arrived today, and i am looking forward to playing it.

criosray

Not sure if I got you right, but:
Any Final Fantasy game, any Suikoden game... for example. While they share a common world their stories are not connected so you won't have to worry about sequels/prequels.

animalia

Not sure if I got you right, but:
Any Final Fantasy game, any Suikoden game... for example. While they share a common world their stories are not connected so you won't have to worry about sequels/prequels.
no i count those as part of a franchise

an example for the PS2 would be Shadow Of The Collosus

Last edited:

testmachine

Old member
Here are some:
Disruptor,forsaken,Legend Of Dragoon,Xenogears,Final Fantasy Tactics (There is not a sequel but there is a remake on the GBA and NDS),Vagrant Story (man that game was so awesome),Brigandine:The Legend of Forsena,don't know anymore.

criosray

no i count those as part of a franchise

an example for the PS2 would be Shadow Of The Collosus
Hmm, isn't SoTC a part of a franchise with ICO?

Ah, you should definitely try Vagrant Story. It's probably exactly what are you looking for. Also a very-very good game.