Game Problem: Computer/Game problems????

RavenX13

Ello all

first time poster
I have however been to the site and read many posts and threads so i am familiar with the rules and regs
I have used several different emulators with fairly agreeable results my only issue has been with the
pcsx2 v1.9 .... i am trying to run one specific game and i am getting low fps while running it...
i dont have my specs on me at the moment but ill do my best to recall them by memory

cpu: amd 2.2 dual core
gpu nvidia 9800 512m
ram: 4 gig
win 7

ive looked a few times about the game in question and i have only seen one post or two here and there about it but i dont recall what the comments were on it

the game/s in question are the armored core series (armored core 3, silent line, nine breaker, nexus)
they all seem to run at about 30-45- fps while in game... menus run a lil faster...
with the details ive provided it it possible to conclude if its my system or is it the games themselves
if i can i will post more details on my specs and if i can get them my settings and specs for the emulator (plugin selection and settings)

all info that can be give would be greatly appreciated....

all i ever wanted was to play armored core with a joystick and throttle ... is that so much to ask??!!

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Well, your processor can only just run PCSX2.

I haven't played Amoured Core, so maybe it's just a more detailed game than others.

RavenX13

well turns out i dont need to.. my cpu is a amd athlon II x2 255 its 3.10 ghz not 2.2 ... 2.2 was my old laptop...
and i managed to speed up the graphics abit more by adjusting the resolutions and textures ...thats what kills me.... miss one check box and your emulation runs like crap....click one to many boxes and its just as bad

RavenX13

for the most part.. im still having some fluctuation in game speeds ... its alot more smooth now but still having a few times when it lags a bit... is there a way to get the game speeds a little more consistant? frame limit or skipping to keep it as close to 60 fps as possible?

RavenX13

no special speed hacks to speak of... and ive been adjusting the graphical settings back and forth for a while now... just trying to find the right balance of it all

testmachine

Old member
Laptops are way too slow to run PCSX 2 normally.Even a Pentium 4 Desktop Pc will run games better than your Laptop.Because intergrated or Mobile video cards are feeding on ram and cpu power so your laptop is the problem why it's slow.

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Laptops are way too slow to run PCSX 2 normally.Even a Pentium 4 Desktop Pc will run games better than your Laptop.Because intergrated or Mobile video cards are feeding on ram and cpu power so your laptop is the problem why it's slow.

Exactly, that's why when I get enough money I'm getting a desktop and throwing away my rubbish laptop.

RavenX13

im not using a laptop im using a desktop....the specs up top are for my desktop with the exception of the cpu ... my laptop was the 2.2 ghz my desktop was 3.1 dualcore... im so close to the right configuration ... ive got great fps on menu screens but ingame play drops fps to 35-40 fps :(