Saturn Bomberman Multitap Emulation

pauljh

Hi All,
I've been trying for days to get multitap emulation working in SSF, Satourne, Saturnin or Yabause, SSF lets me redefine each controller and accepts each ones buttons but Saturn Bomberman never shows more than 2 players (if one is port 1 and one is port 2), has anyone gotten any multitap games to work in any Saturn emulator?, If so please give me the secret..

arckex

Hi All,
I've been trying for days to get multitap emulation working in SSF, Satourne, Saturnin or Yabause, SSF lets me redefine each controller and accepts each ones buttons but Saturn Bomberman never shows more than 2 players (if one is port 1 and one is port 2), has anyone gotten any multitap games to work in any Saturn emulator?, If so please give me the secret..

Hey dude, i feel ya. There's not much info out there on neither the emulator nor the game, so i hope to spread some emu love:

SSF is the only practical Saturn emulator. PERIOD.

Always use the newest SSF release. I mean, it's not really being updated, just make sure you've got the newest one, whatever that is.

Saturn Bomberman ONLY RUNS as the PAL euro version (well, it might run as JAP, but that's no good for us limited english speakers). American release absolutely will not work. And also has a lower resolution :p

After you purchase your Saturn Bomberman PAL euro edition, and legally dump that CD image to obtain your legal rom, you'll want to "dump" your euro saturn's bios, because (although it's easy to do via google), it's illegal to download the bios. After setting the bios file in SSF, make sure that your region is also set to Europe. The changing of regions is more important than having an actual bios for SSF, but I'm not sure that Saturn Bomberman can run without the bios. It's a picky game, that's for sure, so you're better off having it...

Also, i feel as though i had trouble running the game using Virtual Clone Drive to mount my image. And it certainly runs when mounting with Alcohol 120%. These might not matter, but if you're still having trouble, try checking this out too.

OK, now the game loads perfect and also has MUSIC ON THE MENU now, right? (If you have no music on the main menu, things will break in-game very soon, and you've messed up somewhere before this point or have a bad image. Try getting a new image or try using Sega Cue Maker, which sometimes magically fixes images.)

Now, you've got to set up your ten controllers, right?! Hurrah! Put a "multi-terminal 6" (not a direct connect) into both ports and make sure every controller is a "control pad" and not a "multicontroller". either the game or the emulator has trouble dealing with the multicontroller in this scenario....

and this should be absolutely everything you need to know to start enjoying what is certainly one of THE BEST PARTY GAMES EVER MADE.
as far as i know, only wariowares and deathtanks can even come close.

klaey

Hi All,