Emulator Problem: 3Ds Emulation: Some possible issues and concerns

barefoot138

I have been researching on the 3DS and noticed some things that might be a problem when emulated, here they are for your review and enjoyment:

- A video recorded of a 3DS using a camera other than it's own, will not be 3D unless you are using a 3D camera or convert the video, which means the emulator may not be able to emulate the 3D to look the same as the 3DS's 3D.
- The 3DS is really small, therefore the games may not be very hi-definition due to the emulator having to be enlarged to see.
- The 3DS usually has games with very great graphics, so it would be slow, files would take a long time to download, there would be a lot of bugs, it would take a long time for anti-virus scanners to scan them, and possibly require a BIOS file, I never like trying to find BIOS files and usually give up when one is required.
- The Emulators would likely be deleted due to copyright infringement, void of terms of use, people not wanting to waste their time downloading the files necessary to use it, and possibly other problems as well.
- Big files like I said earlier would give an advantage to hackers that spread dangerous malware and other viruses because it would take a very long time to completely scan the entire file.
- Surveys being required to download the file because of it's illegality and/or people want to get money for it.

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure if I agree with all the points you make. The biggest problem right now is probably that it simply takes time to reverse engineer the 3DS hardware.

While the 3DS produces better graphics than the DS, it really isn't all that powerful so I doubt a 3DS emulator (once properly optimized) will be very slow.

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
Ok for the last time.Don't post anything that has to do with 3DS emulation.
First: you are not a mod, so don't act like one.

Second: while your comment might have had some merit if if this was some noob asking "plz post 3DS emulator thx", but as I see it this is more a discussion about what difficulties there are trying to emulate the 3DS. And there is nothing wrong with that.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ok for the last time.Don't post anything that has to do with 3DS emulation.
LOL like that will work...

testmachine

Old member
First: you are not a mod, so don't act like one.

Second: while your comment might have had some merit if if this was some noob asking "plz post 3DS emulator thx", but as I see it this is more a discussion about what difficulties there are trying to emulate the 3DS. And there is nothing wrong with that.
It just annoys me.Sorry