Help loading Files

FlamminZai

Hey, I'm using the Dolphin Gamecube Emulator and downloaded the Paper Mario Thousand Year Door ROM, except, I can't load it because its not a GCM file but is a R00 (or 01, 02, etc.), Rar or SFV file. What do I need to do to fix this?

TiredBoy

Make sure you have WinRAR. I think WinAce is compatible as well. You'll have to piece the original ISO back together. I think you put them all in the same directory, then open the .rar file. The .sfv file is just an integrity checker, AFIK.

Jale

TiredBoy said:
Make sure you have WinRAR. I think WinAce is compatible as well.
WinAce sucks! :( WinRAR rules! :)

JAPPsmash said:
Change that extension to gcm and see what happens...
I should be more careful when I'm posting something.

FlamminZai

TiredBoy said:
Make sure you have WinRAR. I think WinAce is compatible as well. You'll have to piece the original ISO back together. I think you put them all in the same directory, then open the .rar file. The .sfv file is just an integrity checker, AFIK.

Do you think you can be more specific? Like step by step instructions?

TiredBoy

Well, there really isn't that much to be more specific about.

Make sure you put all the files together (i.e. game.r01, game.r02) in the same folder, along with the .rar file. After this, I think you need to double click on the .rar file. It's been a long time since I've done it, so I don't remember how to go about it exactly. You may need to highlight all the files. Sorry I can't tell you more at this point.

Jale

Do as TiredBoy says, put all the splits together, look for the main file (the first part of the file), extract them and WinRAR will automatically search the other splitted files (R00, R01, etc) and compone the file as one.

It's like a puzzle, WinRAR gathers the parts to arm the puzzle.

Jale

OK, now click on the Extract To button and then select de directory you wish the file to be in and that's all.

HINT: Right-Click on the first part of the splitted file and the WinRAR options will appear. There are some actions like extracting in the same directory or the directory you want. You won't need to open WinRAR that way.

If the file is an ISO, use Daemon Tools or Nero ImageDrive to load the game.

Last edited:

ceros

Banned
were can i find a working n63 emulator someone help! plz!