Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Emulators that don't require something like Daemon Tools

Default Looking for Emulators that don't require something like Daemon Tools

I'd prefer to run all emulators without needing additional software and scripts. What are the best emulators that can run the .iso files or whatever using only the emulators for the following consoles:

Playstation 1
    TurboGrafx-CD
    Sega Saturn
    Sega Dreamcast

I think for TurboGrafx-CD I used Magic Engine or Turbo Engine but I can't remember right now. I think this would be some important information for everyone that doesn't want to use CD mounting tools and additional scripts for things like Hyperspin. Also, how you managed to get them to work using only .iso files or whatever files they required would help as well. Thanks for those that contribute to this discussion.

Default Re: Looking for Emulators that don't require something like Daemon Tools

I would use pSX 1.13 for playstation, but I don't know what to use as far as the others go, I am running an old rig.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking for Emulators that don't require something like Daemon Tools

I don't think any emulator requires additional software. You just need to get plugins (which are usually supplied with the emulator), and a BIOS for disc console emulators that use discs (PSX, PS2, Gamecube etc.). You don't need a BIOS for cartridhe console emulators (N64, NES, SNES etc.).

Holy Wars...The Punishment Due - Megadeth
    War Pigs - Black Sabbath
    Angel of Death - Slayer
    From Out of Nowhere - Faith No More
    Believer - Ozzy Osbourne
    Visit my site - http://emulatorfever.forumotion.co.uk/

Blog Entries

I'd prefer to run all emulators without needing additional software and scripts.
    I think for us to help you it would be better for you to list the emulators that require this, because I dont know of any?
    Original, the only way to play.

Forums
    main page - Working controllers

Ok, since this isn't going anywhere... how do you use the following emulators without Daemon Tools or some "disc image" software? I'd like to run the emulators without additional software. These are the emulators I'm currently considering but are not working. I'm disappointed so far because although you all make it sound easy, every tutorial I come across involves setting these emulators up with Daemon Tools which is something I do not want to do. All help is greatly appreciated.

pSX - Playstation 1
    Turbo Engine - TurboGrafx-CD (I think I got this to work right but a guide would be useful)
    SSF - Sega Saturn
    nullDC - Sega Dreamcast

Blog Entries

You don't need image software. Just go to the menu, and and the 'run iso' option. All you need to do is browse to the iso image.

War Pigs - Black Sabbath
    Angel of Death - Slayer
    Believer - Ozzy Osbourne

Quote Originally Posted by VintageTorrie View Post
    You don't need image software. Just go to the menu, and and the 'run iso' option. All you need to do is browse to the iso image.
    With all of those emulators? If it was that easy I wouldn't be here. Either I'm missing files or a step in setting it all up. Any ideas on where to view a complete tutorial on those Emulators?

pSX - Playstation 1
    Turbo Engine - TurboGrafx-CD (I think I got this to work right but a guide would be useful)
    SSF - Sega Saturn
    nullDC - Sega Dreamcast

Also, are you all saying this out of experience or have you actually gotten all of these to run without image software?

Blog Entries

Well, with PSX, you need to download plugins and the BIOS, but thats's all. I don't know about the others though, but I'm assuming it's the same.

War Pigs - Black Sabbath
    Angel of Death - Slayer
    Believer - Ozzy Osbourne

Blog Entries

Most Dream cast emulators will load directly, some times they need to be in formats other them iso (Like bin/cue ).
    Original, the only way to play.

Forums
    main page - Working controllers

I got everything to work except Saturn and Dreamcast after listening to you all. Can you all try SSF - Sega Saturn and nullDC - Sega Dreamcast and let me know if you got those to work and what you needed to get it working. You don't have to link the files just the names would help. Thanks for the help so far.

Thread Information