"Don't hate me because I'm old..."

montpics

It won't be stopped until someone stop talking about it. That's normal. :p

montpics

See? This thread is alive again as I post. :p

But anyway, if anyone is new to gaming world. Show him/her some classic games like Super Mario Bros in which my little bro loved playing so much instead of newer games. :)

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
im 13

im only 13 but i like games on snes and the genesis better then all these annoying ass pokemon games. and i perfer killer instinct on snes better then killer instinct gold for the N64. so if your hating on the youngsters coz you think thier all brainless fools please remember that thier are kids that like old games. my freind still plays plays his nes and he's 14.

PhatPlaya

O.G. (Original Gamer)
305soldier said:
im only 13 but i like games on snes and the genesis better then all these annoying ass pokemon games. and i perfer killer instinct on snes better then killer instinct gold for the N64. so if your hating on the youngsters coz you think thier all brainless fools please remember that thier are kids that like old games. my freind still plays plays his nes and he's 14.

Yeah same here, lucky my parents bought me a Nintendo and Sega Mega-Drive:D
My dad still has a working Commodore 64 that he 'preserved', so that helped :p

ragericho

Neco said:
Chances are if you were born on or after 1985 you have no appreciation for real games.

Its true the average age of gamers is 24 according to a servey i read on advance media network.

The origional mario brothers owns u all and all other games

Genome

north west south west
cloud4004 said:
I'm tired of people turning down good RPG's because there "old". It's not old you nunse! It's a classic! If you don't like the graphics at least give the story and game play a chance... So many great RPG's are ignored because people are critical, close minded, idiots. It's like no one cares anymore. I met a chick yesterday who said her favorite FF game was X-2 simply because of how nice the graphics looked "WHAT THE HELL!?" I say! "What the hell..."

:fuckyou: EVERYONE!

dont take it too seriously graphics has become the main selling point in gaming and most newbs/girls like game for all the wrong reasons (most not all for you females out there!) i was born in '87 (making me 18) and i still prefer games from when i was younger. i just can get into older games (atari,commodor,amiga,etc) not because of the graphics. more because i didnt grow up with those. my cousin is like 10 and he has never even heard of the nes. he thinks that n64 was the greatest system ever and we all know it had more flaws and drawbacks than anyone wants to count. think about it this way the way we idolized nes (or atari or whatever) they do the same with n64 and xbox. however the ones that are our age and blindly follow wherever xbox and ps2 take them are idiots and nothing more than the dreaded...casual gamer.

Last edited:

PhatPlaya

O.G. (Original Gamer)
Genome said:
dont take it too seriously graphics has become the main selling point in gaming and most newbs/girls like game for all the wrong reasons (most not all for you females out there!) i was born in '87 (making me 18) and i still prefer games from when i was younger. i just can get into older games (atari,commodor,amiga,etc) not because of the graphics. more because i didnt grow up with those. my cousin is like 10 and he has never even heard of the nes. he thinks that n64 was the greatest system ever and we all know it had more flaws and drawbacks than anyone wants to count. think about it this way the way we idolized nes (or atari or whatever) they do the same with n64 and xbox. however the ones that are our age and blindly follow wherever xbox and ps2 take them are idiots and nothing more than the dreaded...casual gamer.

Nice hypothesis .. :cool:

hagbard

The one you love to, SNES graphics are perfect for me ;)

Well, imho Xbox it's the most powerfull console so far in pure processing power, but GC has probably the most advanced GPU, which not means it's "the best". I think this is a bit useless if you ask me, I only care for the games' quality so the hability/creativity/etc of developers it's the most important question. Of course the graphics are truly important but not for the self, the balance of gfx and how it's related with the game it's what matters for me about "picture quality". So a game it's as good as the relationship between gfx/sound/playability I feel, not a mere aspect but everyone and specially how are related each other.

Last edited:

Genome

north west south west
hagbard said:
The one you love to, SNES graphics are perfect for me ;)

Well, imho Xbox it's the most powerfull console so far in pure processing power, but GC has probably the most advanced GPU, which not means it's "the best". I think this is a bit useless if you ask me, I only care for the games' quality so the hability/creativity/etc of developers it's the most important question. Of course the graphics are truly important but not for the self, the balance of gfx and how it's related with the game it's what matters for me about "picture quality". So a game it's as good as the relationship between gfx/sound/playability I feel, not a mere aspect but everyone and specially how are related each other.

in that case what system you have doesn't matter since they multi-system release most games except special ones that are only property to that system (zelda/mario,halo,final fantasy) :happy: i dont like the idea of multi system release personally though, but i can see its merits.

hagbard

I was not talking about marketing nor franchises, just games

Battey

i am 15 and i actualy like retro games. per example, on SNES, i played like mad all the FF games, but guess what? stupid computer had to format. played and finished both tales of phantasia and star ocean

when i hear the super mario land song, tears come to my eyes, oh i love that game

Grady

Neco said:
I'm not trying to be rude to younger people either. I mean I was born in '82 myself, but when I look at my bro and other people his age who are only 2 years younger than me, they just have no appreciation for the classics.

To his credit he wants FF: Dawn of Souls for christmas, and even though its a bastardized version of FF1, I plan to pick it up for him. He also likes Tactics Advance, and did like Tactics PSX, but found advanced more fun.
I was born in 1990 and i have a huge love for old games, i have all the old FF games.. On emulator of cource, you can't exactly buy them anymore :S I'd have to say one of my favorite RPG games is Mystic Quest on the SNES, it's got fairly good soundtracks and graphics for a SNES game, and i don't see any PS2 RPGS that compare to the goodness of old games anymore, they all suck except for a few decent ones i like :l

PS- NOTHING BEATS GTA2! THE NEWER ONES SUCK! CLASSICS RULE!

Last edited:

yugiohmaster

A+ Certified
I was born in 1990 that makes me 14 and I love retro games especially donkey kong for snes my mom loved that donkey kong she said it was cute in snes but he looks stupid now in gc and etc and people can't forget that most good games started down from scratch they all came from genesis and snes and snes those where the good old days

jv9

Well, I'm born in 1991 and I love retro games too. Especially the snes games.
One of my favourite games were Super Metroid, Zelda: A Link To The Past, Street Fighter II and so on..And I'm still playing retro games..