Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble Query

Bananamonkey

Hello,

This is in regard to Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble. In the level Rocket Rush a weird warping glitch occurs when you land in the rocket and get shot out. As you get shot out you warp to some weird level where you can't escape. I've read that other people have experienced this but it seemed rare, because they tried to get to this 'secret room' again but couldn't. But I ALWAYS warp there when I land with the rocket, and I don't want to! If only I could swap ambitions with those other people. Anyway, I'm using ZSNES. I have tried other ROMs as well but still experience it. Any ideas how to fix this?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I would also recommend using Bsnes because it proves the most accurate. I would use Snesx9 if you don't have the specs that BSNES' requires.

Bananamonkey

Okay I'm back, sorry about such a delay for my results but I've been in a depression because Mafia II was nowhere near as good as the first and I needed to recover. What happened to the magic of the first one being in the second? Why give it such a dumb feel and attitude like the GTA series? But I digress.

I tried Snes9x v1.53 and had the same issue as ZSNES v1.51. I'll try another emulator. Also, I tried I think all the other ROMs for the game and they had the same results: teleporting to some crappy room and can't escape. This bug is known but rare to come by, but no matter how many times I do the level it happens. I'll report back with the results of the other emulator suggested.

PS I've actually finished this entire game a long time ago on the actual Super Nintendo console and I don't recall having trouble with it so it's probably not the game itself, but something else.

Last edited:

Bananamonkey

God dammit Bsnes won't work either. I really thought that emulator was going to work too because of the way it works. Will I ever get past this?! I've tried pretty much all the other ROMs available too and they all have the same issue. Any other ideas?

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Maybe the emulator doesn't work properly on your computer...or...something