Save File Question :)

Frenzy

Hey guys,

I just got Pokemon emerald and i got 5 badges already. Im afraid my save file will be corrupted or something bad will happen because i might try out some cheats and i want some certain pokemons that are exclusive. My question is how can i protect my current save file? i can use that one as a kind of ''back-up'' like if i play tomorrow and at a certain point it says my save file is corrupted(because i used cheat code ) so i can always have my original save file which isnt corrupted and know that cheat brings up trouble.

It will be my first time using cheat code so i am kind off scared my save file will be screwed. Thats why i want to protect my current save file so i can use the other one to test it out and if it brings up trouble i know that the cheat code bring trouble.

-Frenzy

Last edited:

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Are you using an emulator or a proper console?

If youre using an emulator, there should be a save state feature you can use before cheating, and reload that save state if it does mess up.

chinabig

Yes, if you are playing with emulator, you just need to copy the save file to somewhere safe(in different folder with original).