PCSX2 runs slow for some reason.

shamdin

Hey people!

When i try running a game, it goes in slow motion while the fps is about 30-50 i think. It changes alot, but its normally that. It goes really slow and doesnt run smooth.

I wonder if it works. Help me if you know how to fix this.

Here is my spec:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/15/2012, 20:43:24
Machine name: SHAMDIN-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista? Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2
Language: Danish (Regional Setting: Danish)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: Compaq Presario CQ60 Notebook PC
BIOS: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) SI-42, ~2.1GHz
Memory: 2814MB RAM
Page File: 1784MB used, 4071MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

------------

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Also you need a better processor. I'm sure you need at least 2.4Ghz.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I'm running a 4.0 ghz and playing two player tekken 5 at %100 emulation. This is an amd chip, it cost less then $100 ( 3.8 over clocked ). Plus I have a 280 gtx nvidia card.

VintageTorrie, great album!

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
XD thanks.

Anyway I'm sure that cores are key with the PS2. How many cores has your computer got? If it's more than two then I'm stumped, I'm not knowledgable about ps2 emulation as my computers too slow to run it.

EDIT: Also check your settings, as I think there.s a slow motion setting. You may have acciddently activated that.

Last edited:

vragoslav

This emulator is not good 3.6Ghz dual core processor with 4giga of ram and 1gig graphic card and its runs slow motion. And dont you dare to say dath my cpu is bad for it,becos you are then talking a bulshit, at the time i run the game my cpu and ram usage its on 50%. And PS2 processor is 300MHz so you need to have 3.1 GHz processor to be equally. So you shuld beter tray to fix problem or help people than teling them they have bad pc. (using PCSX2 0.9.7.)

Last edited:

testmachine

Old member
Vragoslav are you from croatia or BiH?
ok you say the computer must have 3,1 ghz to be equal to the playstation 2 cpu.You're wrong.console cpu's have a whole different architecture than pc cpu's.That's why ps2 emulators are slow.And yes the computer is lame if you have a laptop,Netbook or notebook.

vragoslav

Vragoslav are you from croatia or BiH?
ok you say the computer must have 3,1 ghz to be equal to the playstation 2 cpu.You're wrong.console cpu's have a whole different architecture than pc cpu's.That's why ps2 emulators are slow.And yes the computer is lame if you have a laptop,Netbook or notebook.

croatian from Bosnia why?

yes they have a whole different architecture its why i sed 300mhz ps2 cpu = 3.1ghz pc cpu, and no its desktop PC

Ma ko god je ovo napravio sere kvake, nešto je zajebo.

Last edited:

vragoslav

And one more thing the each response on this forum for eny specs wos "your cpu is bad" no mather wos it dual core or 3.6ghz quad core processor

Last edited:

testmachine

Old member
No,you're wrong.We give honest answers to everyone.someone could have a awesome CPU but they have a lame graphics card and that's why we say "you computer is slow for ps2 emulation"Example:None laptop has good enough specs to run the ps2 at full emulation speed!

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Your processor isn't the only part of your computer that contributes to speed. As testmachine said, a rubbish graphics card can make your computer slow.

vragoslav

So now you want to tel me dath ati radeon hd6790 1gb is a rubish graphic card? lol

And what is with random fps drops...

Cant play God of War 2 but i can play GT4

Last edited:

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Erm, I never said your graphics card was rubbish, I was saying that in general, a rubbish graphics card can make games run slow.

criosray

And one more thing the each response on this forum for eny specs wos "your cpu is bad" no mather wos it dual core or 3.6ghz quad core processor

Probably because CPU is most important to emulate PS2. I have latest i7 4.4GHz (4 physical/8 HT cores) and I still get slowdowns in some games.
You have to play with speedhacks. They are not always speeding emulation up