Advice

fennerone

Hi

Im pretty new to emulator scene, I have always liked the idea.

I have an Acer Aspire 5750G lap top

So to start with I dont no if its anygood for gaming, but thats the last of my worries.

I have just downloaded MAME for retro arcade games, and it seems to be loaded fine.

I was just wondering if anyone could reccomend the best all round joystick or pad that would be compatible with windows 7.

I do apologies if ive posted this in the wrong section.

Cheers Mark

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Okay, you got it in the right place :) I could recommend you a controller, but I don't feel qualified enough to, I will wait for another user I know that has way more experience then me with controllers.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You have 3 options.

1) the n64/psx method. By and large all games wil work with one or the other. May even want to toss in a 360 pad. The n64/psx adapter are dirt cheep.
2) PC controller. Have fun, I dont really know much about them.
3) A usb adapter for your old controllers. This is sort of an enthusiast method. See my sig for what I mean. This is normally best if you have some old controller laying around or you want to buy them up at flee markets or ebay.

RavenX13

well being a joystick enthusiast myself i can tell you that the best joysticks are usually the most simple... run down to your local best buy or electronics store and get a decent brand name usb joystick... most come with a installation disk or u can use the plug n play drivers windows installs from the internet .. after that all you have to do is either configure the joystick in your control panel or your emulator depend on which one will give you the better fit for your gaming... usually the emulator but ive seen the ocassional instance where configuring the joystick in the control panel was more appropriate ... after that run your emulation and enjoy.