Guide to set up pSX v1.13

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Hello! This will be a guide on how to setup the emulator pSX. First thing you got to do is download
it. You can download it by clicking this link: pSX

Once you have downloaded the emulator, extract it with Winrar.
steponeextract.jpg

Once you have extracted pSX, Open up the folder and double-click on the pSX Icon.
if this message pops up when you try to start up the program,
step2problem.jpg

Download d3d9_26.dll and place it in the pSX folder. You can download it here: d3dx9_26.zip

Another thing that you will need is a Playstation BIOS. I cant provide you with the bios image
because it is against the Emulator-Zone TOS, but I can tell you to go to google and just search
"Playstation BIOS Download". Once you have downloaded it, place it into the BIOS folder.
step3bios.jpg

Now that is all set up, We will set up the memory card. First, open up pSX and go to
File->Configuration.
step4config.jpg

Once it us Open, click on the "Memory Cards" tab. and click on the "..." button underlined below.
Once pressed, Type in the name you want your memory card to be and click "Open" After that window
closes, press apply.
step5memcard.jpg

After you've done all of that, you should be ready to go! If there are any additional questions,
please post below, I'll be around. :)

Last edited:

aGMike

Oh!! I see. Thank you so much I did not extract it properly hahaha. Alright I am going to try to go into the game, go to a save point, save it, exit the emulator and see if I can load it again. Wish me luck! :) I'll post back if it works or does not.

aGMike

Awesome it did indeed work. Thank you so very much. :)

Is it against forum rules to keep posting here if I have any more problems or should I make a new thread?

testmachine

Old member
Excellent guide Mupen64Man.Either you forgot or you did not want to post the keyboard config,and graphics config.No offense man.Thumbs Up

guitar414

Hi guys,

I installed pSX v1.13 and I keep getting the same error message ""The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). I am running Windows 7 64-bit Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Mike

testmachine

Old member
Hi guys,

I installed pSX v1.13 and I keep getting the same error message ""The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). I am running Windows 7 64-bit Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Mike

That is a Conficker.worm virus.I'm afraid you'll have to reinstall your OS.

magalhaesvilela

Hey guys, I'm facing problems with the memory card for PSX 1.13 too. I'm playing Xenogears and every time I try to save, I get this msg telling that the saving attemp has failed. So I tryed another game (Tomba!) and it accused that there was a need to format the memory card. I did it and saved the game. So |I tryed again with Xenogears, but no success. I thought that the problem is in the game image, but I used other emulator and it was ok to save (but the emulator was not running the game nicely). So, what to do?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Magal, you should perhaps check if the .bin save file is "read-Only". You can check that by right-clicking the file and go to "properties". If it ends up being read-only, uncheck the box that says so, and press okay. It happens sometimes when I am playing off my flash drive.

ehee

pSX is easy to configurate.

graphics: bilinear, frame skipping and vsync (for windowed and full screen too) on

sound: frequency to "Same as emulated machine", latency and XA latency between 10 and 20 ms, reverb+sync+interpolate on. Device set to your sound card (sometimes bad sounds from windows primary sound controler).

gtplay

Can someone go step by step with me on getting psx? So far it has been nothign but disappointment and I still want to get have a ps1 emulator fully working in my laptop.

ShadowxWolfx95

please god help me its been goin on to a month now ive been trying to download a ps1 emulator i had all the plugins the bios everything, then the iso's where giving me trouble its just i need a reliable person who can message me and walk me through how to download it properly.please i am begging at this point! you can add me on skype if you like, joespaulding6969 or write here, add me on facebook idc anymore! i just want this over with please! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

testmachine

Old member
please god help me its been goin on to a month now ive been trying to download a ps1 emulator i had all the plugins the bios everything, then the iso's where giving me trouble its just i need a reliable person who can message me and walk me through how to download it properly.please i am begging at this point! you can add me on skype if you like, joespaulding6969 or write here, add me on facebook idc anymore! i just want this over with please! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Download ePSXe 1.8.0:
DOWNLOAD HERE
Download pSX 1.13:
DOWNLOAD HERE
As for the isos,we don't offer links to illegal material,but you should be able to find them on Google.
ePSXe config tutorial:
ePSXe is relatively easy to configure,when you open it a box will pop up.Follow all steps to set your plugins up and that's it.Just don't forget to put the scph1001.bin (Bios) in the bios folder.
As for pSX,the guide is on this thread.
Good luck!

Note that those links are direct download links,just click on "DOWNLOAD HERE" and your download will start immediately.

Last edited:

OtakuGirl85

Download ePSXe 1.8.0:
DOWNLOAD HERE
Download pSX 1.13:
DOWNLOAD HERE
As for the isos,we don't offer links to illegal material,but you should be able to find them on Google.
ePSXe config tutorial:
ePSXe is relatively easy to configure,when you open it a box will pop up.Follow all steps to set your plugins up and that's it.Just don't forget to put the scph1001.bin (Bios) in the bios folder.
As for pSX,the guide is on this thread.
Good luck!

Note that those links are direct download links,just click on "DOWNLOAD HERE" and your download will start immediately.
How do I configure the plugins?