Guide to set up pSX v1.13

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
pSX is not plugin based? This topic is about the pSX emulator, what emulator do you need help with?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Maybe one of us should make an up-to-date guide for setting up ePSXe, but I don't have the time right now.

brashleyholland

Hi folks - Really struggling with pSX at the moment. I've got it running games fine, but whenever I try and save, the game freezes completely. The emulator itself doesn't freeze - I can still click the 'File', 'Quicksave' and 'Debug' tabs, but I get no response from the game itself.

I've made sure that the memory card files are not read only. I'm running windows 8. Tried it in Administrator mode and without. Also tried it in compatibility mode with XP. Same result every time. Any ideas? Any help will be greatly received! :)

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
To be honest windows 8 might be the problem, from what I hear it isn't too emulator friendly.

testmachine

Old member
Hi folks - Really struggling with pSX at the moment. I've got it running games fine, but whenever I try and save, the game freezes completely. The emulator itself doesn't freeze - I can still click the 'File', 'Quicksave' and 'Debug' tabs, but I get no response from the game itself.

I've made sure that the memory card files are not read only. I'm running windows 8. Tried it in Administrator mode and without. Also tried it in compatibility mode with XP. Same result every time. Any ideas? Any help will be greatly received! :)

You should install a fresh copy of windows 7.Just as Mupen64Man said,windows 8 isn't very user friendly (And it's a load of crap!).
Compatibility mode won't help.The only option is to install either a fresh windows 7 copy or a Windows XP copy.Your choice!

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
If they are in a compressed form, decrompress with Winrar, or 7zip. Then you would select the uncompressed file with the emulator, then presto.

CLrandom

hi thanks for this guide but i have further questions :) i don't know if this question will sound dumb to you or anyone but where should i put my downloaded game? and should it be a zip file or should i extract it? i need some assistance, thanks!!!

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Nope, you can put it anywhere on your computer, and all you got to do is go to that location when you search for the file on the emulator. :)

HikaruGunner

Hey so I have psx 1.13, it works great, includint the memory card, but I can?t get quicksaves and quickloads to work, either by the menu or using the "F" keys. I'm using Windos 8.1, anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks

Takahisa

OMG!!! THANK-YOU SO F*CK*NG MUCH!!!!
I've been playing around with ePSXe (Plugins and settings) for a fair while now... but could never get FF7 working properly...
i try this emu, and it works, no setup required! (well, besides the memory cards, controller and bios)

Thank-you so much for this, you have made my week! :D
(Now to find a working ps2 emu :) (Roll on FFX! :D )

K/D/S

hi, so recently, like last week, i got the pSX v1.13, i downloaded spiderman 2000 on it and it is running fine. Today however, i was getting ready to play it, i clicked on "load state" and loaded a save i had, and while waiting for it to load this red light came on. And since it was taking quite a while i crossed out and tried again, same thing happened. (If you need pics pls pm me as i am having trouble with the site)

Thx for your time

Last edited:

Raigeki

Hi there,

First and foremost, apologies for digging up an old thread, and second, nice to meet you all!

I'm not completely illiterate when it comes to tech or emulation, although I've run into some trouble with PSXFIN (pSX 1.13). I'm trying to configure an Xbox One controller to use as my default controller port but I can't seem to get anything to work. I've tried the controller with ePSXe205 and it works fine. The buttons map perfectly and there's no lag between inputs. The thing is, I want my emulator to be as light as possible on my CPU, which I why I opted to use pSX 1.13 rather than ePSXe205.

Does anybody have any guidance for me? It would be much appreciated!