Emulator Problem: Help setting up Grandia I for Sony Playstation 1

aGMike

Okay so this is what I did. I went to File>Configuration and then I could not access cards because it is in a ZIP so i tried extracting it and I got into the cards folder. Now I did this when I am at the memory card and cd player spot. So when I try to go on the game and press load it says the card is not formatted.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
If you set the cards config, it should should show up in the folder you wanted. If it says it isn't formatted, go load a game and try to save. it should format it for you. If you still have problems, I will create a step-by-step guide on how to set up pSX, it will include screen shots.

aGMike

Alright it worked thank you so much! :) Is it against forum rules to post here again if I have any other problems?

aGMike

Okay got another problem. You see when I go to maximize on the emulator it still shows the bottom bar and the time on my comp as well as other tabs I have open. Is there a way I can get the emulator to do a true full screen because I want to start making lets plays.

Thanks

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Press Alt+Enter, It will go into fullscreen, but stay away from the Escape button, that will close the emulator.

aGMike

Alright. Cool that worked. Now I don't know if you know anything about video recording with fraps or stuff but when I press record it makes the game a tad bit slower and I tried running at half size and smaller fps I just don't know what to do.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I do alot of recording with Mupen64, but its integrated with the emulator, so it syncs with lag and whatnot. Have you tried using fraps at a slower framerate?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Oh, you mean the emulator? Its a different emulator entirely, I know that it can do AVI recording, but its so painful to setup, :p

aGMike

I probably just need a new comp or something. I mean when im playing it goes fine but then when I play it delays a bit and is slower.