Early screenshots of my emulator wGB

J

Jet Set Willy

wazgb1.PNG
wazgb2.PNG

wazgb3.PNG
wazgb4.PNG

Emulator is still only 2 weeks old though, so lots of work to do still. But it runs some stuff, so that's a start :)

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by Lefteris_D@Dec 17 2004, 05:42 AM
Any early betas soon?
Not for a while yet. I'd get too many people saying "Why doesn't it work with many games?/where's the sound?/why don't any controls work?/why does it keep saying undefined opcode?/how do I load a different ROM?".

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
A validating user reported my post in this thread since he could not post.

gostaria de saber qual a melhor emulador para windows 98 todos que peguei ficou lento

Think of it as your first comment :)

Jale

gostaria de saber qual a melhor emulador para windows 98 todos que peguei ficou lento
He said something like: I would like to know which one is the best emulator for Windows 98 because all that I caught were slow.

Didn't understand either :blink: What emulator is he refering to?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't understand either :blink: What emulator is he refering to?

Visual Boy Advance probably.

Btw, that member should activate his account and post his question in English.

J

Jet Set Willy

C and assembler. I'm probably going to rewrite the entire CPU core for the third time, this time purely in assembler. Not for speed, but for clarity! It's easier to represent Z80-like instructions in x86 assembler than it is in C.

Jale

onewecallgod said:
and the "no shit" award goes to...... JAPPsmash!! come down here and take a bow
Thank you God!

JAPPsmash said:
Maybe you should keep balance between speed and stability.
Look at VBA... so good in compatibility, slow and annoying lagged!!!

Last edited:

Zach

Or maybe its your PC.

Could it be a little faster ? Sure.. But I still have no problem running it pretty fast. I even have frameskipping set to 0.

Keep it up Waz, looking good. You going to see it all the way through to the end or stop work at some point ?

J

Jet Set Willy

I really don't know at the moment. I felt entirely disheartened when I looked at the source of gnuBoy yesterday. Excellent emulator with about 10 people working on it. I'm beginning to feel that it's not worth even releasing mine.

Zach

Well you gotta ask if its something you enjoy working on. If it is, then maybe at least keeping it for yourself would be interesting enough.

J

Jet Set Willy

Only real reason I want to finish it is because I never finish anything.

Jale

Neco said:
Or maybe its your PC.

Could it be a little faster ? Sure.. But I still have no problem running it pretty fast. I even have frameskipping set to 0.
I'm using a Pentium 4 2.4 GHz machine and I'm not having problems with it. What I'm saying is that the VBA team don't think in people who has slow computer.

I have another machine and it's a Celeron 850 MHz and it lags a lot if the frame skipping is set to 0.

Jet Set Willy said:
Only real reason I want to finish it is because I never finish anything.
You are not the only one :)