Game Problem: Zelda: Link's AwakeningDX for Visual Boy Advance. No mushroom in Mysterious Woods

fonzbear2000

I have the Visual Boy Advance and this version of Link's Awakening DX: Legend of Zelda, The - Link's Awakening DX (U) (V1.2) [C][!].gbc Well, when I got to the Mysterious Woods, the mushroom isn't in the spot it should be. Any thoughts or suggestions on this? Thanks.
vmKL9.jpg

Zarathustrax

There were some problems with some room version. Some of the versions didn?t have the key for the 2 and 4 dungeon, so it was impossible to end the game. But, I never heard of this. That?s weird, my version of the game didn?t have any problem.

noel-30rp

I figured out the problem.

The mushroom in mysterious woods will NEVER appear if you already collected the magic powder early on (like getting it in that arcade game), regardless of the game's version.

So just forget about getting the mushroom if the magic powder was obtained from winning the arcade game.
Or intentionally "waste" the magic powder (if you have any) until you have none and return to the section of the mysterious woods where the mushroom is located and it will be there. I've confirmed this myself when playing Zelda: Link's AwakeningDX in VBA and in BGB emulators.

Last edited: