Gameshark or other cheats for FireRed.

gapaxbr

How exactly do you cheat in FireRed? Or CAN you cheat and use gameshark in FireRed? When I try typing in some codes for it in the Gameshark panel, it gives me an error saying its not in the right format or something. Does anyone know ow to fix this? Also what are the cheats for FireRed? Link to some gameshark?

Thanks alot.

Koden

if your using Visual Boy Advance go to the cheat list and input them in the gameshark menu. I've tested a few from this site and they seem to work. Though i don't think the berry one works untill you get a berry in the game.

Yes, I haven't played fire Red that long yet.

gapaxbr

Yeah I'm using VBA. I actaully jut tried the gameshark one and most of them worked. But I cant seem to get the pokemon ex bulbasaur. how do you do the pokemon ones? And if they do work where would they show up?

Thanks!

gapaxbr

ok thats cool too. How do you use the action replay for the rom? For ex: how would you use it to get a bulbasaur? Thanks

Koden

look on gamefaqs' web site for the action replay codes, they don't like direct links aparently.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/game/918915.html should work i figure.

use gameshark entry for the action replay codes.

you first need to use the master code, then the pokemon catch master codes, then the pokemon code.

Here's an example of how you would gain a bulbasaur.

Master Code for POKEMON FIRE USA
72BC6DFB E9CA5465
A47FB2DC 1AF3CA86

version and pokemon code
17543C48 E65E0B97
AD86124F 2823D8DA

***************************DISREGUARD********************************
when you want to change, try doing it the way i've tested it. Delete the master code, and the pokemon codes. get into a new battle to make sure the game realizes its gone, then re enter the master code and the new pokemon code. I forget if just turning them off works but i know if you leave the old pokemon code in it for some reasion still reads it. I'll probebly find a way aroudn that later.
Edit:

Ok, I did some testing and i found a way around the error i kept getting. here's what you do.

To change the pokemon you want to catch, you must enter the version code BEFORE the pokemon code EVERY TIME you put in a new pokemon, that means don't just put the version code in once.

Also don't get the version code mixed up with the master code.