VirtuaBoyAdvance (Plugin?) Query

Bananamonkey

Hi there,

I'm guessing this query won't take too much effort to respond to so please, keep reading! I'm using VirtuaBoyAdvance and whenever I stretch the window out the screen gets all pixel-ly. I'm wondering if there's a plugin or some kind of file to download or some kind of way that'll make it not so pixel-ly.

See, that wasn't so long. I hope someone out there can help me out over here! Thanks for reading.

thelittlegumnut

if your talking about visualboyadvance than you can turn on filters which will blurr the pixellation a bit or reduce it: just go to the options tab >> filters >> choose a filter (hq2x is usually a nice one).
tell me if this has helped.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Good advice! Whenever I do a filter like that I have to sacrifice frames to keep emulation speed at 100%.

Bananamonkey

Sorry, yeah, VisualBoyAdvance. I think because when I first downloaded the software, I got it from a site that wasn't the official site, and it was called VirtuaBoyAdvance, so that's why I made the mistake. Same software though, dude who put it there just named it VirtuaBoyAdvance. I've since downloaded the latest version from the official site. After following your instructions, it hasn't seemed have to help much ? I don't notice much difference, but thanks for trying. Is there any other kind of method I could use?

thelittlegumnut

oh yeah, i forgot to mention that dont use the maximise button. under options go to video then choose 4x. and then proceed to choose the filter you like best such as the bilinear filters or hq2x filters. ;)

doing that works perfect on mine. hope this works out better.

of course you could also go >> options >> video >> and then choose other full screen >> click on your driver or primary display >> then select your display resolution. then it will be fullscreen without any toolbar or anything. if you choose this option then make sure you use the >> video >> render method >> and select the right render that your pc is compatible with (e.g. direct3d, opengl etc...) if using direct3d then the super eagle filter is the best by far.

Last edited: