Half screen in pcsx2 game

Nitish159

I am emulating the iso (first emulation of ps2 in my life) of the ps2 game 'spider man web of shadows' but when i play the game, the pause menu, the starting logos they are fine but when i start gameplay or it is showing any movie, then half of the screen (the bottom part) becomes fully blank. I play the game in window mode. If somebody knows what should i do then please suggest. Thanks in advance. Please help.

thelittlegumnut

if your using the newest version of pcsx2 then you should play around with the graphics plugins. perhaps a software renderer will show the bottom half of the screen? if you chose this, emulation will be a LOT slower but less graphical issues for this particular game. is native resolution checked?
If multiple graphics plugins have the same problem it is likely that this game isnt yet completely supported.

Last edited:

Nitish159

I checked the version it was 0.9.6 and i downloaded 0.9.8 but no luck i get the same problem and sometimes the program stops responding. Can you please tell me how to configure it so that i can get full screen.

thelittlegumnut

well, for fullscreen its just alt+enter or you can set it as default from the emulation settings under the config tab. What graphics plugin are you using? gdsx with directx9 (hardware)?
im pretty sure the only way you will get it to work is either choosing the slower but better graphics option - software renderer, or faster but missing half screen - hardware.
also, maybe try some other plugins?
i havent heard many good things about how well this game is emulated and im pretty sure it isnt fully supported.
let me know if you get it up and running.

Last edited:

Nitish159

well, for fullscreen its just alt+enter or you can set it as default from the emulation settings under the config tab. What graphics plugin are you using? gdsx with directx9 (hardware)?
im pretty sure the only way you will get it to work is either choosing the slower but better graphics option - software renderer, or faster but missing half screen - hardware.
also, maybe try some other plugins?
i havent heard many good things about how well this game is emulated and im pretty sure it isnt fully supported.
let me know if you get it up and running.

thanks bro thanks i changed it from hardware to software and whoops it was in full screen in the game too. Yipeeee my first pcsx2 game resulted in success and all the thanks goes to you bro thanks.

Nitish159

But there is still a trouble that when something is written, huds, all they become blur but i can compromise with it. Thanks a lot bro.

50jido

I am emulating the iso (first emulation of ps2 in my life) of the ps2 game 'spider man web of shadows' but when i play the game, the pause menu, the starting logos they are fine but when i start gameplay or it is showing any movie, then half of the screen (the bottom part) becomes fully blank. I play the game in window mode. If somebody knows what should i do then please suggest. Thanks in advance. Please help.
hi,i have the same problem with a couple of games in pcsx2 but i've tried an option and it works all you have to do is go to config/plugin/bios selector and to the first option and click configure and you gonna see (dx9or10)that depends on your processor hardware change that thing to software and it gonna work 100%
notice:
the minimum processor for pcsx2 is pentium 4 if you have more it gonna work if you have less you have to buy a new computer or buy a ps2
message from a faithful friend