How to make disk for emulators?

Mr_Shabutie

Hello

Sorry to bother but i've been trying to make a DVD(4.7 GB) disk of some emulators for my nephew and i have no clue how to do it. lol been looking up stuff all and day and im stumped.

what im trying to do is have it so when he puts the disk in it would boot up a front end of some sort and he could pick between different emulartors/or roms for him to play (hes young doesnt know much about computers lol but plays other games on the comp)

i've seen AdvanceCD but i have no clue how to use it at all. Any Help at all would be much appreciated. :msn_confu

Jale

A front end? That sounds harsh unless you have some programming skills. What you can do is to prepare shortcuts to the emulator executables in the DVD root (D:/ in most cases) and put the ROMs in the same directory where the emulators are located since most of them (if not all) already pick this path as default when loading a ROM. That way your nephew won't have to browse anywhere. Now, to burn the files into a disc, if you don't have any burning app, you can try the built-in burning features that comes with Windows.

This is the easiest method I can think of.

Ah! Almost forgot. Note that if you choose to run the emulators from the DVD, you won't be able to save game data since DVDs are read-only. I suggest you dump the content of the DVD into a folder into the hard drive, like C:/Emulators or some thing like that, then create shortcuts to them. This is a good alternative and the one I strongly recommend.

Last edited: