Emulator Problem: how do i play 2 player on project 64?

popmanguy

ok so basically i want to play banjo tooie hack with my bro but i have no idea how and obvioulsly that makes me :mad: so if anyone could help that would be great k?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Hey, this is one of those questions that are hard to answer. The answer is simple, just set up the second controller. My guess is you tried that, so how does it not work?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Another question is are you trying to play on LAN, over the internet, or just on the same keyboard?

popmanguy

um... yea the thing is im using my keyboard to play and if i could figure out how to set up 2 player i could just set the keys i dont need to random things (a-6 r-2) so thanks for the suggestions but A: i dont have the control input thingamajigger and B: im playing in an emulater so if u guys could help plz post ur advice!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Well each input device you use, can be used for only one player. A keyboard can not sense to keys at once. So its the worst kind of controller there is. It certainly wont work for two people. Xp/Win7 will allow two keyboards btw. Though I dont see why you would not just get a cheep controller.

popmanguy

i have an N64 controller but i don't have and input converter or whaterver like the thing your selling on blissbox k? so dont diss me because im not a fricken robot

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Who is dissing you? The suggestion was to get an adapter, and its only a suggestion. The second suggestion was you get a second keyboard. I'm simply pointing out you need a second device to have two players.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Lol! ulaoulao, apparently you are a robot! Its okay, go into your input plugin and make sure you have player 2 plugged in. Also make sure that you map the keys for 2nd player.

popmanguy

yes but my point is were is the input plugin!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! btw sorry 4 bein a bit of a jerk ulaoulao no hard feelin's?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
In the menu bar it should be Options -> Settings. A window should show up that displays the Graphics, Sound, and Input plugins. Under where it displays the input plugin, click Configure. Another box should show up and from there you can change the controls. Hope I was able to help! :)