Emulator Problem: New to MAME - can't run Killer Instinct

Okay, so I downloaded the newest version of MAME (0144) 64 bit version (I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit). I've tried several different ROMs for Killer Instinct, and at least two CHD files, and I still can't get it to work. MAME opens just fine, but when I select the Killer Instinct ROM, it just says "the game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images." My ROM folder contains the Killer Instinct ROM (still compressed) and a folder called "kinst" which contains kinst.chd.

I downloaded the ROM and the CHD from here: <removed>
I downloaded MAME from here: http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/arcade/mame.html

Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
The filenames are correct and are put in the rom folder in the correct way so its simply the case that the versions you are using are not compatible with the version of mame you are using. Have a look at the mame history.dat and mameinfo.dat (you can use them with MameUI to display the games history and update info). This way you can check when the game roms had updates and either find an up to date source for the roms or alternatively download an older version of mame prior to the last game update and run it with that.