Emulator Problem: Snes9x - Gamepad problem?

Pjater

Hi, i got problem with the steering on every game on snes9x-1.53 64bit on windows 7 like on Final fantasy 2 if you walk in to stuff like walls or people from left or right he turns automatic up and start walking up, and in the menus if you press right/left the pointer goes up instead. Its just on Snes9x its like that. But if you configure it to the keyboard it works =/

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
disable the diagonals in the controller config.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I think you hit escape. but I meant just leave it as disabled.

It could be one of those sensitive controllers, they dont wok well with snes9x, What kind of controller are you using?

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ah! that's why. That digital pad is the number would worst style amongst them all. Yes it will work in some emulators but for the most parts it evil. The reason is there is no defined right left up or down. You will always hit up when going right and produce a up/right. You need something more like what the psx does with 4 actual buttons. The best controller is a usb adapter to be honest. Video game controllers just out do computer controllers.

Pjater

Ok thanks, lets see after christmas for another controller :p
Im playing pretty much Gameboy advance instead now, there it works like a charm ^^
Maybe if i can figure out how the save thingy works on zsnes till then, ive made a save path and so but it wont load the save, maybe some other day cos it looks little complicated but there the controller works great also =/

Pjater

Maybe you can help me with this also, ive been looking up some controllers nearby here in Sweden, but not many who sell them =(
But do you think a Playstation 2 controller whould work with a usb converter?
Or otherwise some of the controllers ive found in the city is these- http://www.logitech.com/sv-se/gaming/controllers/devices/7360 I know, you guys says that logitech is crap but heres not much too choose from =( Or this one - http://www.trust.com/products/productpictures.aspx?artnr=16640
Then another from trust - http://www.trust.com/products/product.aspx?artnr=16784

Pjater

I chatted with a friend just now, we have Gamestop now in the city but have never been there, are those controllers gonna work? He said they have some :p

Pjater

If you want an adapter that works buy from me. Yes I costs a bit more but I guaranty it will work. Plus you can get other types on ports if you want.
Hehe thanks, but i dont want any shiped over seas?
Cost too much i think :p
So thinking of what whould work here for a low price, now i dont find that converter but lets see after christmas, maybe ask a folloup :p :D
But if the Playstation 2 controller works with a Usb converter so why not test ^^

Pjater

you can get adapters for as cheep as 1 dollar on ebay. Shipping over sees are about $10 for me.
Ok, but i think it was like 10 euros for the usb adapter for Playstaion 2 connector ^^
So only that saves alot =)
Not 10 euros! How am i thinking maybe 5 euros at most :O

Last edited:

Pjater

Haha njaa, maybe at most.
But the ones ive looked online go for like 10-30 euros, gonna check Gamestop some other day to look up what they have ^^
I know more in like 1-2 months, its not so in a hurry i have lots to play till then ^^