I'm back.... kind of

Zach

Long time no see, everyone. I am happy to find that EZ is still going as a Community.
Nice to see I also still have my Super Evil Moderator Powah :fuckyou:

I have been gone for several years I guess? Popped in on ocassion. I've been doing many things that keep me busy, mostly work. But I am also working on some programming on the side, hoping to release a totally awesome Old School Text RPG (but less frustrating) in the future for Windows & Linux.

But I am trying to get back into Emulating again too. Possibly trying to get Old Skool Games back off the floor and started up again as well. So I might spam the forum looking for writers :eek:

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Not much to catch up I'm afraid as none of the much newer systems have been emulated like the 360 or the PS3.

Older system emulators are quite stable now and that includes mobile platforms as well (I even have an N64 emu on my android phone that runs quite slow!).

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Welcome back Z man. You gonna make that BB review ?

Zach

It feels like so long ago that I had a look at that thing. I don't even remember mailing it back; I did send it back right?
I was cleaning out my room the other day and came across the documents for it :confused:

I really must profusely apologize.
I'd like to do it, but I may need to "borrow" it again in order to give it a fair look. Going from memory makes for bad reviews.

I am hoping to get a new issue sorted for a January 2012 release, and hopefully some kind of donation model going to help keep OSG alive and worth my time (since no one wants to write, and U.G would rather steal my thunder :fuckyou:) and I'd like to have BB in there. I don't even remember why I never got around to writing it, my life has been a chaotic mess for the past year and a half.
If you can loan it again, I will pay for shipping both ways. I don't think I can do a fair writeup without seeing it again though.

I know that's not fair to you, but I'll do what I can to make it right; I have an idea for an expansive review process, across multiple emulators as well as seeing how well it does in Linux (if it supports linux at all). Short of writing an advertisement for the thing, I want to put it through its paces more than I had a chance to the last time.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You had it at
but I may need to "borrow" it again in order to give it a fair look
LOL. Yes it (1.0) does work on linux from what I recall. My linux server does not have a gui and my linux desktop as been mia for a bit, so I cannot test it. Just let me know when a good time to send it you way is. No need to pay my way, just return when you done.

Zach

Thanks. I'm not sure how busy my schedule is going to be, but going into the holidays I'll be doing 10 hour work days probably. I do want to get it before new years though. Probably within 1 or 2 weeks from now.
Will PM you at that point.

Have there been any imrovements or revisions (software or hardware) since I last had it?
Have you been selling many?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
1.0 has not change is will not change. 2.0 has a lot of feature 1.0 does not have and is mostly complete. All that is left is mempack reading and writing, which by the way is make good progress. I sell on the order of 2 to 10 a month. It really depends, and is not always the full version. A lot of people just want single adapters. Drop by the page to read more if you like. There is also a face book page for it. The thread here has been a bit buried.