Sega Saturn on my laptop

omega713

I just got a new laptop with Windows 7 installed.I just added Project64 and it runs flawless.I'm looking for a Saturn Emu that will work with my laptop.Any suggestions?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
saturn is hit and miss, you just need to try all of them. See the main page for the top rated saturn emulators.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Its not that they dont work its that they are hard to work with. Most ( if not all ) are Jap written and hard to understand. At best very slow. If your looking for good saturn emulation you may just want to pass o nthat one. If you really interest in it, then post some detail about your issues. Why wont it work, what errors did you get, what emulator are you trying, what is the speed of your cpu, what type of video card is in your laptop, ect...

///DASH

SSF works great, it is more accurate than Project64, but getting it to work is hard, but once it works BOY, IT WORKS.
To get it to run you will need the following:

DAEMON Tools Lite:
A free CD image program that you can download to run games off your hard drive (note: it has to be Daemon Tools Lite because others like Magic Disc don't work well with Saturn images). Or, if you have a physical copy then you can just pop it in your disc drive. but because of the enormous amount of decryption that is needed to run these games it is better to just rip it to your hard drive. The biggest reason why getting this emulator to work is so hard is because the images have to be in a very specific format. ie: ISO (with CUE and WAV files for music tracks)

SSF (beta versions! not prototype versions! ie: I'm using SSF 0.10 Beta R1) latest version is 0.12 beta R2

Sega Saturn Bios files
There are 3 kinds: USA, Europe and Japan. If you only have Sega Saturn games from the US then you only need that bios file.
When you start SSF, you will need to open the bios in Option>Option then Peripheral tab. Also make sure you select the appropriate Area Code and CD drive (DTSOFT BDROM represents the Daemon virtual drive)
ssfsaturnbiossettings.jpg

Make sure that the emulator is set to "highest compatibility" in the EZ Settings for more emulation accuracy, WARNING: you'll need a pretty powerful PC for maximum accuracy.
I'm not gonna explain every single little detail on how to get this emulator to work. You see, I got this to work because I just kept experimenting with it until it got to a point of almost perfection. If you get stuck in any area, just let me know. But here's proof that it works:
daytonausassf.jpg