Dreamcase Emulator Help

timothy409

Ok I would like some help. What I want is to play some old Games like SA2 ( I hear it's ALOT different from SAB2. by having something called Golden Bugs or something in it and the GC Version remove it or something. And If I recall they made a Night's Game for the Dreamcast.
Anywho.

This Laptop is I think a 2002 or 2004 Laptop. With unknown Graphic Card, Flash Drives and what not.

Now What I would like is.
A How can I tell if this Laptop is even ABLE to run a DreamCast Emulator. ( it can run the two best PS1 Emulators ePSXe and the PSX.) Not sure if this wou matter or not.

If it is able to run a Dreamcast Emulator. What Emulator would be best to use.
What plug-ins would I need, Where can I find them.

How To set the plug-ins up.

Now I tryed doing this myself a few years back and Got a game running but about 3/4 of the Screen was mess up and blocking my view... Sadly I cant not remember what I did or anything.
But I would like some help on this. Please PM me if you know for sure and willing to step by step me on getting a Working DC Emulator and Where I can find the Plug-ins and DC ISO's.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Well to be honest DC emulation is really hit and miss, you just need to mess with stuff. Realistically people dont have time to make writes ups on the fly for you. I have been using emulators for a long time... started in 98 or so. I had a lot of troubles with DC at first. Each one has its stupid things. Your best bet it to find a torrent or something that has all the stuff ready to go ( yeah its against the rules here to provide links as it includes bios's). So you best bet is to just try it and tell us where you get stuck. I have a 3.8 gighz cput ( AMD ) and a gtx 480 nvidia card. Emulation is is great for DC for me. If you have a system dated to 04 you better stuck with chankast as it seems the be the fastest.