How to Disc Switch on ePSXe

Lukong

...I forgot how to disc Switch on ePSXe because I did it with Parasite Eve 2 [Disc 2/2] and Metal Gear Solid [2/2] I think, but I didn't realize what I did that was disc switching...

What I did to disc switch was save before Disc Switching, and tried to do it the natural way, but got a black screen.
1. Press ESC
2. Change Disc > Click "ISO" if a File [or] Click "CDROM" if a Disc
3. Choose Disc to switch to

I then did what I thought I did last time and just run the 2nd Disc and load the save from the 1st...it worked, but I didn't know it was that easy, I think what happened is the Save on the memory card was ready for switching, and all that the Emulator/Console had to do is play the 2nd Disc.

Disc Switching for ePSXe
Save before Disc Switching [Look up Online & Save Frequently]
1. Press ESC
2. File > Change Disc > Click "ISO" if a File [or] Click "CDROM" if a Disc
3. Choose Next Disc [You will get a Black Screen]
4. Shutdown ePSXe
5. Run the "Next" Current Disc [Same as Before]
6. Load the Save file from the Previous Disc in-game
7. Enjoy Playing

...I'm shocked that it was this easy and I forgot it...I knew Parasite Eve 2 was real easy to get to the Second Disc because it was after the Tower incident that you go to a Desert and then Disc Switch to go to a Military Place...

Example of Disc Switching
Game - Parasite Eve 2
Disc Switch Activator - Talk to "K.MADIGAN" who is in front of a Red Truck
Closest Saving Spot - Trailer Coach [Black Telephone & Light Blue X-Light]
Location of D.S.A - Garage [White Door]
Pathway - Trailer Coach > Junkyard > Garage [Press SELECT to View Map]

First Phase
1. [Emulator]File > Run ISO > Select "Parasite Eve 2 - Disc 1.ccd" > Click "Open"
2. [In-Rom]Press START > Select "Continue" > Select Save: Trailer Coach(4)
3. [In-Rom]K.MADIGAN says "Ready to go?" > Select "Yes"
- What Happens Is: Talking, Cinema Clip of Truck Leaving and "Change to Disc 2" Screen

Second Phase
4. [Emulator]Press Esc
5. [Emulator]File > Change Disc > Click "ISO" > Select "Parasite Eve 2 - Disc 2.ccd" > Click "Open"
- What Happens Is: There is a Black Screen

Last Phase
5. [Emulator]Press ESC & then File > Exit for proper Shutdown
6. [Computer]Start ePSXe
7. [Emulator]File > Run ISO > Select "Parasite Eve 2 - Disc 2.ccd" > Click "Open"
8. [In-Rom]Press START > Select "Continue" > Selected Save: Trailer Coach(4)
9. [In-Rom]K.MADIGAN says "Ready to go?" > Select "Yes"
- What Happens Is: Talking, Cinema Clip of Truck Leaving and The Second Disc Cinema started

I think all you have to do is the Last Phase to Disc Switch because the Last Phase sounds redundant[2nd + 1st = 3rd]...I just realize that is exactly what I did[1st to 2nd to 3rd].
I told some of you here AEUs think outside the Box, but I think Developers already knew how the Disc Switching worked...but did they tell anyone...there are Command-lines and there are buttons, but Buttons are Command-lines, though there User Friendly.

Think beyond the Limits and Try Hard as you Can.

Last edited:

Lukong

Hey I noticed that you "Save Archive" files and that there was none under Playstation 1 so I thought to upload my Parasite Eve 2 Save File before Disc Switching.

Download Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EDDIOFDN
Contents: ePSXe - Memory Card, Saved State, Disc Switching [RTF] & Disc Switching [TXT]

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I think this would be useful as a sticky, Not that many people are aware of switching isos.

Edit: Could you also add info about switching with different psx emulators like pSX, PcxR, or PSXeven?

Last edited:

Lukong

I think this would be useful as a sticky, Not that many people are aware of switching isos.

Edit: Could you also add info about switching with different psx emulators like pSX, PcxR, or PSXeven?
Good thing I save my File before Disc Switch or else I would have to play the Storyline over and over again, though I'm pretty Sorry I said I would test this and its just now I decide to.
Also if the Disc Switching Works on pSX, PCSX Reloaded & PSXeven, could you add to the Title of this Thread?
Thanks for Sticking this Mupen64 Man, Thank you Aldos MemManager and Thank you rswsc0407.

[x]Disc Switching for pSX
Going to have to Test on another Rom, unable to run Parasite Eve 2, but you could still Try the Last Phase of "Example of Disc Switching". [Date: August 21, 2011]

[x]Disc Switching for PCSX Reloaded
Going to have to Test on another Rom, unable to run Parasite Eve 2, but you could still Try the Last Phase of "Example of Disc Switching". [Date: August 21, 2011]

Disc Switching for PSXeven
The Emulator is able to Disc Switch without the Need for Special Steps. PSXeven is able to Disc Switch.
When "Change to Disc 2" Screen appears
1. Press ESC
2. Force Change Disk > Click "Iso File" if a File [or] Click "Cdrom" if a Disc
3. Choose Next Disc
4. Enjoy Playing

...I might just start using PSXeven, its pretty decked out and Yes it made me smile...Though when you think about it all one would have to do to Disc Switch is Run the Next Disc and Load your Save, its probably why Xeven worded Disc switching as "Force Change Disk"...button. ulaoulao was right, its not rocket science.
Thanks Mupen64 Man for showing me PSXeven.

Last edited:

GamerNerd

I found it MUCH easier to download the 1.6.0 version, upload the game, pass the switch disc, save, copy memory card data, paste in 1.7.0, load second disc, PLAY! whoooohooooo! I spent HOURS trying these other methods and they didn't work. hopefully this will work for all of the others that are stumped like my husband and i.

KevinLockard

I'm having a problem here. I've tried this and it doesn't work for me. I'm playing Juggernaut (first game I've played on an emulator where I've had to switch discs) and I came to the end of the first disc. So, I did what I thought I was supposed to do - clicked ESC, went to File, then went to Change Disc, then clicked ISO, then clicked the second disc of Juggernaut. It then went back to the screen where it said "Change To Juggernaut Disc 2." However, it never left that screen. What am I doing wrong here?

Gradial

Actually, ePSXe has support for disc changing. When a game asks to insert a new disc just press escape, go to file>change disc and select the image there. That's it. Btw you don't have to use daemon tools, ePSXe can play cd images by itself.

Gradial

AaronFrorp

Hey guys Im trying to burn a single Neo4All disc with roms included but Im having trouble figuring things out. I downloaded the emulator from the developers page but it comes with three folders, isos, normal and standalone which confuses me. Ive tried searching around but most tutorials talk about stand alone games but I want the emulator roms on one disc. I know you need to use bootdream but could someone give me step by step instructions on how to do this? Thank you

liuliying

1. file before changing the disk and restart the game
2. tips for the disk, press ESC to return the original window, the file - > CD > replace choose ISO or CDROM-> and then continue to run,

seraniz

Banned
I'm having a problem here. I've tried this and it doesn't work for me. I'm playing Juggernaut (first game I've played on an emulator where I've had to switch discs) HostGator DreamHost Bluehost and I came to the end of the first disc. So, I did what I thought I was supposed to do - clicked ESC, went to File, then went to Change Disc, then clicked ISO, then clicked the second disc of Juggernaut. It then went back to the screen where it said "Change To Juggernaut Disc 2." However, it never left that screen. What am I doing wrong here?

hi bro
just like you
hope find the right answer

Last edited:

GASIYAT

Banned

I then did what I thought I did last time and just run the 2nd Disc and load the save from the 1st. jiofi.local.html tplinklogin is it down ..it worked, but I didn't know it was that easy, I think what happened is the Save on the memory card was ready for switching, and all that the Emulator/Console had to do is play the 2nd Disc.

Last edited: