Lunar Silver Star Story Complete Problem

rswsc0407

I'm at the end of disc 1 of Lunar SSC, and I've gotten to the point where it tells me to put in Disc 2, I hit ESC and go to switch discs, and load up disc 2, but then the screen just stays black and nothing happens. If anyone here can help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

I finally got it to go to the switch disc screen after turning the off-screen drawing to 4, before that the game would freeze right at the end of the video showing the Castle in The Frontier.

I'm using ePSXe by the way.

Lukong

Okay, to tell you the truth I've disc switch successfully on ePSXe, but I forgot how I did it.

Your other options are to Use SSSPSX or PCSX-Reloaded to Disc Switch as for ePSXe it has probability on Disc Switching, but its probably because getting beta testers to Simulate a Disc Switch is Difficult and everything...is work.

-PCSX-Reloaded Disc Switching Method-
To Switch Disc
- Press ESC > Go to Emulator > Click "Switch ISO..." > Choose "ISO" & Open

-SSSPSX Disc Switching Method-
Preparation
- SSSPSX has a Loaded List of the Roms, but unlike Project64
- The User must open the Rom in order for the Rom to be on the list before trying to Disc Switch [Before starting the Game]
- Run > Select Rom > Open
Example:
unchecked_box.jpg
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Emulator\Sony Playstation 1\PS1 Roms\Parasite Eve 2 - Disc 1
unchecked_box.jpg
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Emulator\Sony Playstation 1\PS1 Roms\Parasite Eve 2 - Disc 2

To Run a Game
- Checkmark the Game > Click Run
Example:
checked_box.gif
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Emulator\Sony Playstation 1\PS1 Roms\Parasite Eve 2 - Disc 1
unchecked_box.jpg
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Emulator\Sony Playstation 1\PS1 Roms\Parasite Eve 2 - Disc 2

To Switch Disc
- Press "ESC" > Checkmark Disc to Switch to > Click Continue
Example:
unchecked_box.jpg
checked_box.gif

Added an experimental "Change discs" option. To switch a disc, you need to go to File -> Change disc. (this isn't working with some games yet though). ePSXe should work better with Lewpy's plugins now, so no more crashes when you exit the emu. The reset/continue functions should also work now on several videoboards.
Change Disc >
Option for games coming on several discs like Metal Gear Solid 2
or the Final Fantasy games. Doesn't always work, so make sure
to save your game before using it.

I'll going to go play Parasite Eve 2 [Again, deleted my save, but its still on my First Laptop], it was that game that I found out its a 50-50 when Disc Switching on ePSXe, but success...and it was Breath of Fire 4 that I found out SSSPSX doesn't have the special 'F4 hotkey' fix that ePSXe has...command-line I think.

Last edited:

Lukong

Last edited: