Pokemon Fire Red Problems...

lukehearne

I just changed Emulators from VBA to NO$GBA is it possible to keep my old game on the NO$GBA?

Any help would be appreciated

hellfire2982

wait wait wait, U CAN?!?!? Awesome!!! Where i get it?!?!?!

Crash

Wierd, got the program to trade pokemon on VBA and it was working fine until after I did my trading one of the games just froze! And then when I tried to reload it it said that the same game was deleted. So I restarted and when I tried to save it said that their was a problem that it could not fix.
So after giving up I deleted all of the info and re-installed it, but when I tried to trade again it froze and started all over again!! I noticed that after the game freezes I love all of my saves and it can't save anymore, I dont know how to solve this problem and I hope one of you guys know what I'm talking about!! :(

Jale

The GBA save files has the extension sav, but, in VBALink's case, save files have the sa1 extension (I have no idea why they changed this...)

Try changing all your sav files to sa1 :)

EXAMPLE:

Change game.sav to game.sa1

You can locate these files in the same directory where your roms are.

Crash

That wasn't exactly my problem but I was able to test it. I did what you said and switched my previous files to .sa1 but the problem was the save files or the emlator is screwed up because after I did that the game said that the save file was deleted.

It keeps either freezing and corrupting the file or it doesn't load completely, like when I went to trade the 3 beginner pokemon to Leaf Green, it froze and when I went to reload it it said that the game file was deleted....

I think there is something wrong with my emulator so if you have one that works, please tell me where you got it and I'll test my theory....

Crash

I already have the save patch and the roms were saving fine with the first emulator, maybe there is a problem with that particular emulator? I'm going to try to find another one.... if anyone finds a potential problem with the trading / multiplayer emulator please tell me.

Crash

Ok, I know for sure now that is is the linking emulator I have that doesn't work. And I downloaded the "vbalink172lb.zip" and the "vbalink16a.zip" emulators and both don't let me save.

So if you have an emulator that works or if you had to do something in Options then please tell me.... I'm stuck. ;)