Emulator Problem: PCSX2 controller configuration - missing buttons

Loonwolf

I'm using a PCSX2 Playstation 2 emulator, and I'm having a problem configuring the keyboard to use as a controller.

The PAD configuration is missing two buttons which exist on the controller. I've got plugins 'Lilypad', 'Twinpad' and 'Megapad' (and another 'SSSPSX' which I'm not sure how to use).

These allow one to set up keys on the keyboard to press that will simulate the buttons being pressed on the controller, as well as the use of the analog sticks. It is the analog sticks I am having the problem with. I need to use them in a game, and they have FIVE ways of working - UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, and PRESS.

However I only get the option to set keys for UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT. How do I simulate the analog sticks being pressed as buttons?

Last edited:

Lukong

The "Press button" your talking about which is on the analog stick is known as "L3" and "R3". You could simulate them by using L3 as your "Left Shift" key and R3 as "Right Shift" key.

This are my Controls for the PS2 emulator on Keyboard. I would say use Megapad, but when I was using a different GS plugin [For a game: GSdx 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16] MegaPad [MegaPad plugin (Beta) 2.0.0] crashed on me so I had to reverted to Lilypad [Lilypad svn (r4510) 0.10.0]
Megapad doesn't trash with GSdx (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.7 though and that is when I used Megapad.

This is when I'm playing Right-handed Controls without Numpad[1st Laptop doesn't have one, but the 2nd Laptop does]. Most of my controls revolve around ZXCV, IKJL & :Space [Sometimes DF] or [Left-Hand] JKL:, EDSF & ASpace. Its good to switch controls to avoid Carpal tunnel syndrome.
Left Analog Stick
Up:I | Down:K | Left:J [Has a bump] | Right:L
Right Analog Stick
Up:Up Arrow | Down:Down Arrow
Left:Left Arrow | Right:Right Arrow
D-pad
Up: E | Down: D | Left: S | Right: F
Shaped Buttons
X-shaped: X | Triangle: V | Circle: C | Square: Z
Left & Right Buttons + Analog Buttons
L1: B | L2: G | R1: ;: [Right to "L": jkl;/JKL:] | R2: O
L3: Left Shift | R3: Right Shift | Analog: `~ [Below "Esc"]
Start & Select
Start: H | Select: Space or Start: Space | Select: H

This is when I'm playing Left-handed Controls without Numpadand I just realize this would also be good for games that use the Right analog stick. Thank you for asking this question.
Left Analog Stick
Up:E | Down:D | Left:S | Right:F [Has a bump]
Right Analog Stick
Up:Up Arrow | Down:Down Arrow
Left:Left Arrow | Right:Right Arrow
D-pad
Up: I | Down: K | Left: J | Right: L
Shaped Buttons
X-shaped: M | Triangle: N
Circle: . > [nm, & NM<] | Square: , < [nm,. & NM<>]
Left & Right Buttons + Analog Buttons
L1: A | L2: W | R1: B | R2: H
L3: Left Shift | R3: Right Shift | Analog: `~ [Below "Esc"]
Start & Select
Start: G | Select: Space or Start: Space | Select: G

For Right-Hand if the controls feel to close together; move the Left Analog Stick UP: from I to O, P or even [{ and the other Left Analog Stick keys with R1/R2 & Start/Select.
If the Shaped buttons feels low; move X-Shaped: Z to A and the other Shaped buttons with the D-pad & L1/L2 (Or Not for L1/L2).

For Left-Hand if the controls feel to close together; move the Left Analog Stick UP: from E to W and the other Left Analog Stick keys with L1/L2 & Start/Select or use L1 & L2 for "E" & "F" and Start/Select for "Caps Lock".
If the Shaped buttons feel to low; move X-Shaped: N to J and other Shaped buttons with the D-pad & R1/R2 (Or Not for R1/R2).
If the controls still feel to close together; move X-Shaped: J to K or N to M and other Shaped buttons with the D-pad & R1/R2 (Or Not for R1/R2).

Last edited: