Game Problem: NEW GUY who needs help

L

LordDragonis

Hey all im new to this i actually fell into this kinda i bought my laptop from a freind who was moving and i started looking threw his stuff and he had Zsnes emulater with package of old snes games witch intrigues me enough i got it working and ive benn playing threw most of the games but now im out of games and wondering how i get more and if they need to be snes games or can i play any type of game if some one wouldnt mind taking the time to help me out it would be greatly appreciated im all new to the whole P.C gameing world so im really having a hard time understanding alot of things but if your willing to help just let me know how we can make contact and every one else im lookin forward to meeting you guys :)

L

LordDragonis

ok as i read more about the site i see that roms arent available hear im guessing roms are considered games but i still have quite a few other questines beside just where i can get games so i still would greatly appreciate the help guys thank you

Lukong

Games you could try:
- Front Mission
- Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes
- Star Ocean
- Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
- Hyper Iria
- Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
- Lennus 2
- Metal Combat - Falcon's Revenge
- Metal Max Returns [Second closest thing to Metal Saga PS2]
- Tales of Phantasia
Some need patches.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
ok as i read more about the site i see that roms arent available hear im guessing roms are considered games but i still have quite a few other questines beside just where i can get games so i still would greatly appreciate the help guys thank you

In this context Roms (and ISO's) are images that have been made of original games from old games systems. Using a PC you can use an Emulator to emulate an old games system (like the Snes or Genesis for example) and along with the appropriate game roms, play those old games on the PC.
An emulator is a program that emulates all the hardware functions of an old machine.

Just about every old games system has had at least one emulator made that will let you play its games on a computer.

Emulators do not breach copyright and are freely available online. On this site you can find links to the most popular ones listed by system. Simply download them and use them on your PC.
You won't find any game roms on this site as the games themselves are subject to copyright and any site hosting them or allowing links to them is potentially leaving itself open to claims of supporting, or engaging in software piracy. In reality there's very little interest from the copyright owners surrounding these old games and they are abundantly available online, but legally anywhere hosting them is breaking the same law they would be breaking if they were offering the latest PS3 and 360 games.

Hope that helps.