Emulator Problem: demo.dll and other errors

Zuriek

So I got ePSXe v1.7.0 working thanks to lilchrisdog4. I even got my xbox 360 controller to work with it, got all the plug-ins to work, bios works, and it's reading cd's from the disc drive. However, any time I try to run a game from the hard disc I can't get it to work. I'll do my best to explain:

When I run a .zip file it says "DEMO.pll not found". I looked around online and found a lot of references to this file but can't make sense of any of it. Apparently it's not just a matter of getting the file and putting it in the right folder.

When I run a .cue or .ccd file it says "error loading isofile..." but in that message it is referred to as an ISO.

I've not yet found a simple ISO file to play. Since these games come from a disc I assumed that's pretty much all I'd find... I assumed wrong. I'm not interested in finding ISO's necessarily - I'd like to know how to get these other file types working. When I go to a website with down-loadable roms most of them turn out to be .rar or even .7z.

So far all the .rar's have turned out to be just a bunch of .cue, .ccd, etc... (files I can't figure out how to use) and I don't even know what a .7z is. I've spent hours researching this online and can't find a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lukong

I don't even know what a .7z is.
1. 7zip is like Winrar and can open [Extract] ".7z", ".rar" & ".zip"
7-Zip Download Page & 7zip Tango Patcher [Prettier Icons]

I've not yet found a simple ISO file to play...
2. I love this site for posting Homebrew Games for testing. The link is beside the Forum link. Emulator-Zone's Public Domain Rom Section

...have turned out to be just a bunch of .cue, .ccd, etc...
3. Be sure that all the Games relative files have the same name.
.cue [Usually Small] - Use this file to start Game [You could use Any]
.ccd [Usually Big] - This usually comes with a ".cue"
.iso[Usually Big] - This requires itself
.xxx[Other Etc] - ".mds", ".bin" and ".img" are other file types...

Example:
FF Tactics.cue | FF Tactics.ccd
MGS - CD1.iso | MGS - CD2.iso
PE 2 - CD1.cue | PE 2 - CD1.ccd & PE 2 - CD2.cue | PE 2 - CD2.ccd

Lukong

Sorry if anyone sees this image and I used the wrong extensions when I was talking in other threads and I am sorry that I got the size of ccd & cue wrong. I just finish transfering some of my files from My First Laptop to My Second Laptop. Usually this is shown in Groups, sorted by type on Windows XP.
246jdpl.png
6jhmqv.png

As you can see the Gray Icons, those are hidden because I could open them up with the smaller files through the Sony Playstation One emulator.
Guessed General Meaning of the Extensions:
".cue", ".ccd" & ".mds" = The Starters
".bin", ".img" & ".mdf" = The Game
".sub" = Apart of The Game
".iso" = The Game in CD Burning Format [Doesn't need A Starter]

I'm starting to think that the ".ccd" are for Disc Switching games and ".sub" are for the stuff you may or may not see on Other Disc like Cutscenes.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I'm starting to think that the ".ccd" are for Disc Switching games and ".sub" are for the stuff you may or may not see on Other Disc like Cutscenes.
WTF , LOL?

Dude... cdd and sub ( and all other file types ) have nothing to do with the game? These are CD image information files. Let me try to explain this...

When you copy a disc in to a iso, img, bin, or what ever image format you use, its a direct copy of the original disc. Some images require information about the audio track( i.e. cue files ), where other files may tell other required information about the image NOT THE GAME. If you want to see the actual file that the game uses then mount or extract the image file. You can do with with ISObuster or daemon tools.

Last edited:

Lukong

WTF , LOL?

Dude... cdd and sub ( and all other file types ) have nothing to do with the game? These are CD image information files. Let me try to explain this...

When you copy a disc in to a iso, img, bin, or what ever image format you use, its a direct copy of the original disc. Some images require information about the audio track( i.e. cue files ), where other files may tell other required information about the image NOT THE GAME. If you want to see the actual file that the game uses then mount or extract the image file. You can do with with ISObuster or daemon tools.

My hair almost sprouted blonde hairs, Thanks for explain the true meaning of the files.

Last edited: