Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm just going to dive into assembly now!

Default Re: I'm just going to dive into assembly now!

There is a lot of assembly tutorials on the internet.

I was just in a shitty mood lol. Yesterday blew... I'm willing to read wiki... I love them
    And still remember debating why we should be able to use wiki in school for homework even know I never did my homework (ever since the tenth grade I knew the teachers feared wiki and its power(or the internet as a whole) to take their jobs. Now everyone is about e-learning. Haa

Yeah, I'm learning assembly from a couple of books. Mainly Art of assembly. I'll probably mix that with a few online tuts too. One thing about online tuts are they're dense and terse... Time saving especially if you need another resource to learn from.
    Last edited by SEVENFOOTSWORD; August 11th, 2011 at 03:02.

Wow, it seems like this post is old.
    LOL at me reviing it.

I'm still at the shit although I haven't got any avr chips yet. I've learned a little asm. Apparently, I don't even really need it for emulation. I'm learning more c. It's such a gnarly language. I'm tripping over the things I'm seeing in ALLEGRO src and how things are done. I continue my journey on making an emulator!
    Last edited by SEVENFOOTSWORD; September 18th, 2011 at 08:12.

You may not even need the chips if you just want the avr to learn asm. You could always use the avr emulator and turn on and off bits in the GUI.
    Original, the only way to play.

Forums
    main page - Working controllers

Yeah, I'm going to have to do something about learning it. I kinda want the chips just to be more familiar with hw. i have so many projects right now...
    Last edited by SEVENFOOTSWORD; September 21st, 2011 at 18:46.

Jeez, It's so hard.
    Last edited by SEVENFOOTSWORD; November 20th, 2011 at 10:20.

i have so many projects right now...
    Your going to have to put those on hold. I know a lot of people ( especially around here ) talk about ASM programming as though they actually do it. From first hand experience I'm here to tell you its not easy ( as your starting to learn ). Feel free to post code and talk about it, I dont see that as rule breaking. If it gets to involved topic wise the mods may put a stop to it. Once you get moving its going to became easier.

Make sure you know these topics well.

Hexadecimal
    Binary
    bytes and bits
    Bit logic.

For I will not be explaining this and expect you to know it. The code wont tolerate ignorance on these topics, nor will anyone trying to help you. Google and wiki for it, lots to read.
    Last edited by ulaoulao; November 20th, 2011 at 18:26.
    Original, the only way to play.

Forums
    main page - Working controllers

Thread Information