New experience and why its needed

SEVENFOOTSWORD

Ok so now I see somewhat a change that I'm noticing. Everything is multiplayer... If it's not then it's boring. Computer Ai just isn't fun anymore.

Out of a bunch of games I played(which really isn't that many) on 7th generation consoles, I've noticed that story mode wasn't hard anymore and it was really boring. It was like it was just a tutorial to get you online.

Do we need a new AI experience. One that resembles actual humans and how they learn online mixed with actual gameplay experience.

As in ai playing like -- henchmen playing like newbies, sub bosses playing like intermediate gamers, and bosses playing like hotshot pros?

or is the real fun just in multiplayer now... and we just really want to thrash our friends and random people across the internet brains into the grounds?

Last edited:

SEVENFOOTSWORD

Hey guys... I found some actual developers that share the same ideas with me. :D Great minds think a like!

"In general the industry expects that graphics will not be a strong feature any more... Obviously, graphics are better for marketing purposes because you can show things. AI you can't show."… "We think that the next generation of consoles won't have these limits any more. Games might have more realistic graphics and more on-screen, but what's the value of making something more realistic and better animated if you have poor AI?"

Ubisoft believes that the next generation will be about AI and not graphics. I think I posted a bit about one developers problems with having huge budget games somewhere. It's quite interesting. I don't really mind graphics either.

I will say this... I was impressed with kojimas Metal Gear Solid.... But I started it out on Big Boss Hard... i went to a MGS forum site once for curiousity... There was a forum where die hard fans were acting like it was scary or something. I didn't really get that lol. But yeah Metal Gear Solid Was a beautiful game... I also feel that kojima released shitty framework on MGS for the Online play only as a tester or beta for their next game. Which Online play will be a big factor in the game hehe.

Anyways full article here