Emulator Problem: Spyro for PS2 problem

lilchrisdog4

I use pcsx2 0.9.8, and I have a desktop running windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit), 6
GBs of RAM, and a quad-core AMD Athalon II X4 610e processor (2.40 GHz). I downloaded the Spyro Trilogy (A New Beginning, The Eternal Night, and Dawn of the Dragon) from **DELETED**, and all of them don't show the main menu, just the background of it, and run very slow (about 30 fps, not the usual 50+) after the first cutscene of the game. In a New Beginning, after the first cutscene, I can look around with one analog stick, but that's all, I can't move. Then, in Dawn of the Dragon and Eternal Night, the controls are completely unresponsive.
Also, I'm wondering if I should get an adapter with a PS2 controller female end, and a USB port male end, plug that into my desktop, and play the games with that, or if I should just get a gamepad for PC and use that with pcsx2. Any recommendations would be very helpful.
Also, I use Dolphin 3.0 to emulate GameCube, and Project 64 for N64 with no problems, I was just wondering if I could use the above options to control those emulators and their games, too.
Lastly, I have a laptop running Windows Vista Home Basic SP2 (32-bit), 4 GBs of RAM, and a dual-core Pentium processor (2 GHz). I was wondering if it could play these games smoothly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lukong

It might be from Using Certain SpeedHacks or your GS Plugin needs to be set to Software, I had this problem with Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarters, I played with the GS Plugin [Couldn't see, so I played with the "Seeing" Plugin] and found out it was was the Renderer > Direct3D9 (Hardware) and switched it to Direct3D9 (Software).
2viiddg.jpg
nfk64h.png

When I started BOF: Dragon Quarters, what I didn't see was the Menu that was asking me to type in a Name for my character. What I saw at first was a Blackscreen.

To Remind you this is on my First Laptop with PCSX2 0.9.7 beta...

Last edited: