Emulator Problem: Are these spec's normal?

Sobe

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit
Physical RAM = 3453 MB
CPU name = AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 01)
CPU speed = 0.797 ghz (2 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00002001
x86EFlags = ebd3fbff

These specifications are normal for my computer, correct? They definitely can't run the PCSX2 0.9.8 from the looks of it. Or am I wrong? Right now I've been trying to mix the settings to see if I can get FFX to run faster but it's still playing very, very slowly.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Your CPU

I have a much lower AMD and run games fine. I also dont have sse3 like you do and it really helps to have that. I dont think your CPU or memory is the issue. I dont see the video card listed, that could be the issue. It looks like your sharing ram ( possibly ) which implies an on board video card. That will not work !

Other ideas.

Is it a specific game? Maybe its just the game that does not run fast? Maybe you ISO is fragmented, have you ran a defrag utility? ( this would only slow down the game when its loading ). Make sure you dont have many apps running also. Check for spy junk with spy-bot or another spy where checker.

Last edited:

Sobe

Your CPU

I have a much lower AMD and run games fine. I also dont have sse3 like you do and it really helps to have that. I dont think your CPU or memory is the issue. I dont see the video card listed, that could be the issue. It looks like your sharing ram ( possibly ) which implies an on board video card. That will not work !

Other ideas.

Is it a specific game? Maybe its just the game that does not run fast? Maybe you ISO is fragmented, have you ran a defrag utility? ( this would only slow down the game when its loading ). Make sure you dont have many apps running also. Check for spy junk with spy-bot or another spy where checker.

The game is FFX. Apparently it's the European version with a working sphere grid. I tried to run it on another computer with a stronger processor (triple core AMD processor; not sure what it's rated at) and it ran significantly faster but still slow enough to hear the music at a lower speed. I pressed pause and you could hear the music run faster at it's normal rhythm when the game was paused. That probably means it's the game I downloaded.

How do I defrag the ISO? Sorry, I'm completely new to the emulator world. I'll search Google while waiting for a reply. Thanks!

Jale

Your computer is fine. The emulator needs some hacking and/or optimization to make this game run at full speed. No matter how many cores you have, quad core, six cores, eight cores, the emulator will only use 2 of these cores.

Lukong

Try this

To Speed Up Emulator
Speed Hack
Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks > "Enable speedhacks"
EE Cyclerate "2" > VU Ccycle Stealing "2" > Other & microVU Hacks "Check All"
Hide Console
Misc > Show Console (Click for No Checkmark)

Try This Plugins [Config > Plugin/Bios Selector]
GS > GSdx (MSVC 15.00 SSE2) 0.1.7 [GSdx]
SPU2 > SPU2null 0.7.1 [SPU2null] for No Sound OR SPU2 > SPU2-X 1.1.0 [SPU2-X-1.1] for Sound

Last edited: