Emulator Problem: PSX 1.13 and ePSXe black screen

Notsoclvr

So, I've been having troubles with my emulators trying to play Final Fantasy Tactics, and I really don't know where else to turn.

When I load my iso on epsxe, it doesn't show anything and stays on a black screen. No sound or anything. I assumed it was something with my video plug ins, which are
P.E.Op.S OpenGL Driver 1.78
P.E.Op.S Soft Driver 1.78
Pete's D3D Driver 1.77
Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.77
Pete's OpenGL Driver1.77
Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
I've tried and tested all of them. The tests say the plug ins are okay, but I still get the black screen.

So I tried it on the PSX 1.13 emulator, and on that, the screen loads the Sony Presents and Squaresoft logo screens, but everything after that is a black screen.

The log says this:
cuebin: No .cue file found! Will attempt to guess format assuming single track.
cuebin: Seems to be MODE1/2048
play_xa: unhandled xa mode 000000ff
play_xa: unhandled xa mode 000000ec
play_xa: unhandled xa mode 00000002

and continues like that.

I pretty much have 0 clue what the problem is. I don't think it's my graphics card, cause I have a pretty decent one. Any ideas? And thanks a ton for any help you can give me.

Tucco

I just installed the ePSXe on my laptop and ran into the same problem, but it had nothing to do with the emulator. The problem was the the Game file itself has be double packaged. first by a program called ECM, search .ecm on google and find his unecm run file, and then by 7zip. So you need to extract in the reverse order so that you have just a *.bin file. you can rename that file to the game title but you will not need the .cue file unless you want to burn it to a DVD or something. You can also throw all the *bin files in the same folder(after naming them) and just have the ePSXe look in there for roms.

testmachine

Old member
That is a iso problem.
the compressed file must have two
images
Example:
Final Fantasy Tactics.bin
Final Fantasy Tactics.cue
as for the .ecm file extension
you can unpack it with UNECM
Google ECM and download ecm.zip
or you can download Pakkiso