MAME on the Android OS

deadfraggle

There is an app on the Market called TigerArcade(Mame), but it is not a port of MAME. And while MAME can be compiled on many platforms, compiling it for Android is not very straight forward or simple (at least not for me). Since I could not find any specific instructions, I'm using whatever general guides and tutorials I can find, and adapting them for a project which I hope will bring a working MAME on Android.

It's slow going because many of the tools and concepts involved are new and foreign to me. But while no MAME port exists, I'll do what I can to change that.

If you think you could help in any way, please let me know. I can always use mentors in:

- c/c++ coding
- java coding
- compiling
- eclipse
- Android SDK and NDK

The last thing I want to do is port all the C code to Java (the language Android uses), but that may not be necessary using available tools and maybe a few patches.

waryamalisoomro

I Think There Is A New Mame Emulator For Android Available In Market names Mame4droid.
More Info:
appbrain.com/app/mame4droid/com.seleuco.mame4all

Yeah, go with MAME4ALL. It's made for phones and other mobile devices. It won't run all the games that the newest MAME can run, and it doesn't have some of the features (like save states) but it runs tons and tons of games perfectly!