Dreamcast questions

rebDooMer

Hey I just wanted to ask a few questions about Sega dreamcast emulation. I want to play a game called Shenmue how ever I know nothing about good emulators or reliable roms. To be honest I dont even know if there is a decent dreamcast emulator at all or even how I would use one. I have only ever play roms from nes-N64 but would love to play this game once again. Any help to get me on my way ro playing it would be much appreciated..

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I have used chankast and its the fasted one out there. makaron, is also good but slower. I never could get demul to load a disc image. I think these are the 3 best. The hardest part about DC emu's are the bois's, naming them and finding them. I think demul is the one where you must zip the bois's up in a file called rom.zip.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
As far as I'm aware Demul uses the CHD format, meaning you need to convert any game ISO's to CHD. Its probably the best DC emulator available at the moment TBH but not particularly user friendly.

tintin123roi

guys i am a new member and i have a question about dreamcast
i will get a new computer and it will be
RAM: 2GB DDR3
Video Card: 1GB Build in
CPU: 3.07 pentium 4
so the dreamcast will work on my computer or no?

ifrisco1

Hello,I am new to emulators, and I want to get a dreamcast emulator to play shenmue and resident evil 3, Can someone give me up to date instrctions on how to install and run a dreamcast emulator and how to get the games to work. Please I have been looking around and seem to get broken links to downloads and random errors.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I dont believe there are any guide per-say? We will gladly help you with a particular error though. Try one of the top rated DC emus from the main page here and report the issue you are having. Remember we can not help you with roms or bios file.