New PSX emulator if people didnt notice

jbone1337

http://emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/

You will notice "PCSX-Reloaded" was added a few days ago, you should try it
(and stop trolling the ratings.... how can you rate it 1 star? really? this was the first and only version released on this site, its not like in the past it was horrid and it deserved 1 star)....

If you use epsxe is should seem kind of similar, its close to hot that is set up. its NOTHING like the normal PCSX emulator which isnt very good.

so i think its better then epsxe 1.7
why?

-less buggy, like you can actually close windows, on epsxe, go to like config > video and try to close the window... its not a big deal, but still dont like it.
-Actually comes with plugins (decent ones too) and memory card files already made.
-Easier to manage/change plugins.
-Able to save more then 5 states at a time. (can go to save/load other, and make any number of custom save states)

-Has cheat code option built in!
-Does NOT require a bios to run! which is awesome, it uses simulation bios. you can use a bios if you want.

but it does suffer from the same things as epsxe
-no emulation speed toggle (to like speed up the game play)
-no way to end emulation with out closing, and reopening the emulator. VERY annoying when you want to swap plugins on the fly.

It seems to be about the same speed as epsxe.
it also seems quite active in development, there are lots of SVN being made, but there hasnt been any binary releases in awhile, only source codes. so maybe they will make like v2.0 of it or something, and it will just dominate psx emulation?

Anyway, anyone have thoughts to share on it? :3

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I think it is brilliant, It is a major improvement from ePSXe. This emulator makes it much less painstaking to cheat as well, you found a great emulator and thanks for the contribution. :)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
PCSX-Reloaded, is in development. This point alone makes it the best, support it!

jbone1337

Well there are also modded ps2 controller/graphics plugins: http://pcsxr.codeplex.com/releases/view/47932
(they work real well on psx)

and as for fast forwarding, i found the peops softdriver plugin has that!
idk which i like better the gsdx or peops soft plugin XD

someone need to make a graphics plugin that combines them, and just make a new direct3d psx plugin :3
(as the peops direct3d doesnt work so well)

marko_maki

hey guys, i just downloaded it but i can't configure my analog controler to work for gt2

i believe that the problem is with this button, i assume it is the analog on/off button which works fine on the controller but when configuring it can't be recognized

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and btw i tried copying my .mcr file with the gt2 save and that's not working either

Lukong

At one point I had SSSPSX & ePSXe because SSSPSX was the first and I later discovered how to switch disc on it.

In fact SSSPSX has a simple way of switching Disc as for ePSXe I later learned a trick to switch disc, but the reason I stop using SSSPSX was because it couldn't play as much PS1 games as ePSXe and at that time I was playing Breath of Fire III which ePSXe had a simple solution to get pass the crashing [Press F4].
Will I could have saved in ePSXe when I got pass the parts SSSPSX couldn't and then load in SSSPSX to get pass "Disc Switching".

Just now I downloaded SSSPSX and I just notice it could only open ".cue", ".ccd", ".cdm" & "iso" and ePSXe ".bin", ".iso", ".img", ".cue", ".ccd" and ".mds"

-SSSPSX Disc Switching Method-
Preparation
- SSSPSX has a Loaded List of the Roms, but unlike Project64
- The User must open the Rom in order for the Rom to be on the list before trying to Disc Switch [Before starting the Game]
- Run > Select Rom > Open
Example:
unchecked_box.jpg
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Emulator\Sony Playstation 1\PS1 Roms\Parasite Eve 2 - Disc 1
unchecked_box.jpg
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Emulator\Sony Playstation 1\PS1 Roms\Parasite Eve 2 - Disc 2

To Run a Game
- Checkmark the Game > Click Run
Example:
checked_box.gif
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Emulator\Sony Playstation 1\PS1 Roms\Parasite Eve 2 - Disc 1
unchecked_box.jpg
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Emulator\Sony Playstation 1\PS1 Roms\Parasite Eve 2 - Disc 2

To Switch Disc
- Press "ESC" > Checkmark Disc to Switch to > Click Continue
Example:
unchecked_box.jpg
checked_box.gif

If SSSPSX was able to play PS1 roms like ePSXe then SSSPSX would be the best choose [Not including PCSX-Reloaded, I haven't tried], but I think at one point SSSPSX was second or first in the chart.
I don't think people down rated PCSX, I think people saw that ePSXe was at the top and figured that was the best emulator.

Though I hope PCSX-Reloaded & PCSX2 0.9.8 Inventors of Emulation/Developers combine both emulators, because that would cut down on how emulators needed to be used.
Like NO$GBA if it was able to play GBA games like Visualboy Advance and had a few of Visualboy Advance's settings like DeSmuMe then there would be no need for VisualBoy Advance, but if it could also Play GBC, GB & SNES [A plugin that emulates Flashcarts like R4, DSTT, AceKard, etc. I heard they could SNES on the DSi].

Thanks for putting this out there I'm going to try it.

Last edited:

Lukong

hey guys, i just downloaded it but i can't configure my analog controler to work for gt2

i believe that the problem is with this button, i assume it is the analog on/off button which works fine on the controller but when configuring it can't be recognized

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and btw i tried copying my .mcr file with the gt2 save and that's not working either

Then I guess you should try configuring it to your keyboard unless your not allowed to use your Keyboard & joypad at the same time.

30bemtu.png

Also I tried PCSX-R 1.9.92b and wondered why the game I was running was freezing...its a beta not only that we need to tinker with the emulator because a lot of people are giving complaints and don't realize its a Beta.

-no emulation speed toggle (to like speed up the game play)
Dude that can be done through the GPU Plugin with the button in Framerate beside "Show FPS display on startup" and with the FPS limit (10-200) you could set that to what ever number you would like.

Also the Plugins are nice, but even though you could use Pete's PSX OpenGL Renderer which doesn't have a "Toggle pause" Hotkey and "turn off FPS limit while pressed" like Pete's PSX OpenGL2 Renderer which doesn't matter because P.E.Op.S has those features in the Soft Driver + more like Video Recording.

Other than the people who should have some sympathy towards the Developers of the Emulator. We all know when PCSX2 was out yeah it wasn't the best, but that is because the DOE saw that the emulator could be better...its why PCSX2 0.9.6 didn't have Speedhack and when 0.9.7b and 0.9.8 did, there was less complaining about speed.

But 0.9.7 a beta from software that was will developed already.

Last edited: