N64 plugins

UnholyBurger

Im having a problem with project 64. It says I have to set up my video plug ins.. but I dont know how to do it. Its really making me mad. please help me !

Thx

Jale

Project64 comes with the basics (and the best) plugins to work, so you must have the video plugin.

- Go to OPTIONS menu and then click on SETTINGS.
- On the VIDEO (GRAPHICS) PLUGIN rollout, pick JABO'S DIRECT3D 6 plugin.
- Click ACCEPT or OK and that's all.

For any other problem, don't doubt to ask here ;)

Jale

It's OPTIONS --> SETTINGS, not OPTIONS --> CONFIGURE GRAPHICS PLUGIN :lol:

stp1.jpg
------>
stp2.jpg

UnholyBurger

I got it to work.... but when im in a game it says im getting like 30-50 FPS.... and its still laggy and the sounds is all scratchy.

Jale

Maybe your computer doesn't meet the minnimun requirements:

- Intel Pentium 3 700Mhz or AMD Athlon 800Mhz CPU*
- 128MB system RAM
- 200MB free hard drive space. Additional 20MB-100MB free hard drive space per game, depending on game and number of saves you make 100% Microsoft DirectX 7 compatible video, sound and input devices**.
- Microsoft Windows 98
- Microsoft DirectX 7 (default plugins), DirectX 8 (all included plugins)

*the plugins contain SSE optimisations, early Athlons did not have SSE.

**The video device must be a primary device, have at least 16MB local memory and two texture units. Depending on the features supported by your video card some content may not be displayed correctly and thus some games marked as compatible may suffer glitches or not be playable on your system. The exact features required vary from game to game.

nVidia GeForce256 and ATI Radeon (early models) are suggested as realistic minimum video hardware. In conjunction with good quality drivers they have the required features. Newer cards mainly allow better resolutions, filtering, anti-aliasing and so on.

Extracted from: Project64 v1.5 User Manual.

If you don't meet the minnimun specs, then I suggest you 1964 that has a Frame Skipping function for slower computers. This one is as good as Project64.

UnholyBurger

I tried it... it was pretty bad... the graphics were... bad.. and its like the characters didnt have joints.... it was really bad.. like when I was playing banjo and kazooie on it the people noses were white... and banjos ... banjo didnt have any strings. It was really weird...
Edit: oh Ya I have a Nvidia MX 440(64 mb).... a P3 858Mhz CPU... 385 mb of RAM... 20 gb HDD..... yup.
Edit: and the one you gave me..... says the controller isnt in and I cant play.... I dont have a controller.. or a adapter for a controller.

hellfire2982

my PJ64 runs really slow, too. :unsure: my comp meets the requirements, though. also, do you NEED a controller to play, or can you use the keyboard?

Jale

About Banjo and Kazooie, it's a known issue or something about your video card. A known issue is a bug that cannot be fixed yet (unless you're a programmer). ;) Most of the games has known issues.

You can also try to copy the Project64 plugins directory into the 1964 folder. You'll get working Project64 plugins into 1964. :D I did so.

-or-

Download updated plugins. :unsure:

About the controller, I suggest you to change plugin. Use your new Project64 plugin (Jabo's DirectInput or the N-rage's one).

NOTE: Don't change the Audio plugin. It won't work with Project64 plugins.

my PJ64 runs really slow, too.  my comp meets the requirements, though. also, do you NEED a controller to play, or can you use the keyboard?

You can use both of them, but to use a genuine N64 controller, you'll need to use the Adaptoid plugin and a port where you can plug it.

To make Project64 fully playable (RECOMMENDED SETTINGS), you'll need:

- Intel Pentium III 1.2Ghz or higher or AMD Athlon 1.2 GHz or higher
- 256MB RAM or more
- nVidia GeForce3 or later or ATI Radeon or later (Mmm... GeForce 2 should do :huh: )
- 1GB or more free hard drive space
- Creative Soundblaster Live! or higher (not necessary <_< )
- Wishtech Adaptoid and original Nintendo N64 controller for each player (either <_< )
- Microsoft Windows 2000/XP (You can use any Windows version, above 98)

Jale

Originally posted by UnholyBurger@Dec 5 2004, 11:26 PM
is there anyway to play some of the games online? because on the 1964 it has something called net play.
Yes, it has Kaillera support, but I don't know how to use it :p

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
UnholyBurger, to help with your current PJ64 problem try setting up your video plugins.

UnholyBurger

They are already set up..... what are you talking about?

P.S: can some one tell me how the keyboard matches up with N64 controller? All I know is that Z, X, and C do something.....

Jale

1964 OpenGL V4.1.0 (Gerrit & Schibo) (52,2 Kb) (works with Project64 too)

Try with this one, the rest I've found are betas. If you experience problems with this one, better use Direct3D based plugins for a while. The bad point is that it's not configurable :(´

P.S: can some one tell me how the keyboard matches up with N64 controller? All I know is that Z, X, and C do something.....

You can take a look in Options --> Configure Controller Plugin. There you will find, and even change, the button assignments.

Jale

Oops! :p Though you were talking about Project64...

OK... Plug-ins --> Input Settings.

Done!

UnholyBurger

I got pretty far on cockers bad fur day.... and the stupid save stff like doesnt work.... now I have to start the whole game over :(

Jale

If you can't save through the game, try using the SAVE STATE feature.

F5: Save state.
F7: Load saved state.