Emulator Problem: Pokemon Fire Red Save Problem

SoldierCow

I'm using NO$GBA and i'm playing Pokemon Fire Red, when i save i use SHIFT+F1 and when i load my game then it works like: FILE->LOAD GAME->F1.

I saved my game just before fighting the Elite Four. I just beat them and Gary, talked to Oak and I got the credits. Then i had to start again, but i want to beat Team Rocket.
Can someone help me ?

(Dont hate on my worse English cause im Dutch :$)

jbone1337

GBA= visual boy advanced
DS= dsmume

no$gba sucks, dont use it...

Btw you should not be saving the game using save states, its a very bad habit. You want to save the game normally as it was designed, when you cant do that, is when you use save states. As save states are easily corrupted, easily over-writable, and dont transfer to any other emulators.

As for your question im not understanding what you are asking, so you did a save state right before the elite four, beat them, fought gary beat him, then? what do you mean you want to beat team rocket?

mare93

Hey i got similar problem with leaf green wich is almost same. I play on GBA and save it. it saves as .sgm file and but i need .sav file so i can open saved game on my psp with gpsp. u guys know how could i do it?

jbone1337

Hey i got similar problem with leaf green wich is almost same. I play on GBA and save it. it saves as .sgm file and but i need .sav file so i can open saved game on my psp with gpsp. u guys know how could i do it?

.sgm means its a save state file. (can NOT be transferred to other emulators) and that is usually done by going to file > save or file > save state. They are easily corrupted and overwritten, and NOT a good thing for your main save. use it when you are not able to save the game normally.

.sav is for normal in game saves. Which is what you should be using. Should work on any emulator.

Just save the game normally, its been awhile since i played pokemon, but isnt it just click start > save? or did you have to go to a poke center? i dont remember, but do w/e it is to save the game normally.

mare93

Yea i save game on gba start-save and it save it on desktop as leaf green gba.sav but when i load that sav file on gpsp and i run the game says previus save file deleted and it starts from begining again. How can i play saved game on vgba on gpsp?