Sega Model 3

zabrak

Model 3 emulator that I downloaded can be found here:
http://www.trzy.org/Supermodel/Download.html

Hello there, I'm having problems running the model 3 emulator on a smooth frame rate. Here's a video to illustrate what I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rstdQ3i3o_Y

specs are as follows:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110408-1633)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HP Pavilion dm4 Notebook PC

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3894MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i5)

DirectDraw Acceleration: Not Available

Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled

AGP Texture Acceleration: Not Available

Are there any recommended specs that I should refer to, to run this?

Have you ran this at an appropriate speed? If so, mind posting your specs?

Thanks

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Its likely your onboard graphics causing the issue. A notebook isn't the best tool for running modern emulators. I'm running it on an old Desktop machine AMD64 X2 6000, Win7 Ultimate, 4Gb of Ram and a Geforce8800GTS and it runs without a hitch (although still no sound obviously).

jbone1337

I dont think its the graphics, the intel HD graphics are good enough for probably up to N64/PSX, maybe ps2, but i doubt it. You cpu speed is a little on the lacking side though. i mean 2.3ghz i guess "could" handle ps2/GC, but it would be kind of laggy. Also so you know, the i5 is a dual core, not quad core. it has 2 physical cpu cores, but has hyperthreading so it has 4 threads. Not to mention emulators will only use 2 cores anyway (3 with LLE sound enabled), having more does nothing.

Its probably the emulator you are using, its seems VERY new, and its likely to have anything to boost performance, id say look into a different emulator. Not to mention is the sega model 2/3 even have any games on it that are any good? ive never even heard of it before :3

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
His processor and Ram are fine for Supermodel (the model 3 emulator). Sega Model 3 is an arcade board that runs games like Scud Race and Star Wars Trilogy. Intel onboard graphics are sh*te. Since Supermodel uses a lot of modern graphics stuff to run it seems likely that this is whats causing his bottleneck since his processor and ram are both better and faster than the machine I'm running it without issue on.