emulators you miss.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
There are so many emulators that just fell out and never returned. Some made there point or mark and others were a one of there kind. Here are some I miss.

UltraHLE, I still hope to see it again, but I know it never will.
Zinc, its indeed a great emulator but could be so much more.
PJ64, ok maybe its not dead, but haven't they gotten enough donation yet? Release 7 already

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Im glad you made a thread about this, there are so many emulators that I wish were still in development.

Nemu64 This is still a great emulator and is still one of the only n64 emulators that can run hacked/modded roms, it had so much potential.

Mupen64 My namesake, I miss its development, it of my opinion a truly revolutionary n64 emulator that has much that other n64 emulators haven't offered such as integrated AVI recording, and has the best plugin system for zilmar specifications. Speaking of, Hacktarux is making an entirely new core for his Mupen64 program, boasting to be the most accurate emulation of the system without all the work arounds that came to be the norm for n64 emulation. It will be in likeness to MAME because of how they choose to preserve games by emulating the system exactly how a normal machine would, but I digress.

ePSXe Playstation emulation is good as is, but I wish the best Playstation emulator could have a little bit more to offer, like a better input system.

Thats just about all I can think for now.

Last edited:

drewbocop

Nesticle! Oh, the glorious blood-stains, the chopped off hand pointer, the phallic desktop icon. A very nostalgic set of memories for me. First emulator I ever used when I was just a youngin'. :)

Jale

NO$GBA. It's the fastest and most stable emulator.
Project 64. Version 1.7 was supposed to be released to the public somewhere in 2008.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I wish that someone could take up the Cornn project, it is an incredibly fast n64 emulator! If only it had been worked on just a little more,

Lukong

SSSPSX, the First PS1 emulator that I tried. Sadly it stopped being updated very quickly.

12boats

yes I miss them too. I hated epsxe cose you have to donload bios,(i'ts ILEGL)plug-ins,isos most of all you have to get it running.(I spent a WEEK messing with it and noting worked)

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Yeah, the first time I messed around with Pcx emulation, I got quite confused too, but then I found an emulator called pSX and it requires no setup.