Game Problem: Help with Pokemon Sapphire/NO$GBA/Save Games?

Ok, so I'm completely a n00b on the emulator front, but recently I've been playing Sapphire on the NO$GBA gameboy emulator.

The game worked fine, I could play through it fine etc, but then my hard drive fatal errored & so I was forced to reinstall everything on a new hard drive (eurgh.) So I reinstall NO$GBA, but luckily I still have a backup of the old system, so I still have the Pokemon Sapphire .sav save game.

After 10 minutes of being confused and realising there is no "load save game" option on NO$GBA, I realised you have to put the save game into the "BATTERY" folder, & I thought that would work... but no.

When I load up the game, it just says "the save file has been deleted," and that's that.

I really don't want to have lost all my progress, but I'm completely stuck and confused on what I can now do - any help would be VERY much appreciated, thank-you!

TheSGC

I've encountered the same problem except if I try to move the game to a diff computer and play it there. Since you're using the same emulator I am did Rusturf tunnel display ok for you the first time you went through to confront the team aqua guy?

Lukong

this question seems really familiar, didnt i answer this somewhere?
o ya i did :p
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...xyBGwEEjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20110518040350AAOFKdD

Just to state it again, no$gba sucks :3
(counts posts, have i hit 10yet? damn..)

Before blasting NO$GBA you should be wise to remember that its the only EMULATOR THAT CAN CONNECT GBA TO GBA, and yes when it hits the fog scenes it hides the second layer, not like VBA, but you could use GBAtoNO$GBA battery convertor to switch back and forth between emulators.

So my suggestion
I don't think VisualBoy Advance has the ability to connect like NO$GBA does and NO$GBA could only allow you to connect to yourself [NO$GBA: Right-Click > Link].

In VisualBoy Advance 1.8.0 beta3 they took out the feature of linking because they figure out like everyone else that the linking feature doesn't work.

The only emulator, NO$GBA [DS emulator], is able to connect GBA to GBA. NO$GBA 2.6a [The newest], has a problem with GBA roms and doesn't play them as good as VisualBoy Advance when it comes to going through fog in Pokemon.

So just Use GBAtoNO$GBA Battery Converter, to convert NO$GBA's save to GBA's save, change the extension from NO$GBA's to VBA's so you could to get pass Fog scenes [Graveyard Building & Caves].

When you would like to connect, drop GBA's save file in NO$GBA's battery folder with the NO$GBA's save type used and connect [F11 > Emulation >Multiboot Port > LPT3/3BCH & Right-Click > Click Link to connect]

Also what's great about Cheat Engine and Turbo Keys it makes Pokemon Contests & Pokeblock Blender very easy. As for Record Center...there is no music in my life, silence is golden...I usually have my volume turn off...

When connecting with yourself with NO$GBA:
1. Copy & Paste your the Game's Save File
2. Change the extension of the copy of the Save file from sav to sv2 [I think if you 2nd link you'll see it] this becomes a 2nd Link Save File
3. Change the name of the 2nd Link Save File to the same one as the Game's Save File
4. Then Connect with NO$GBA

Also NO$GBA is able to save the state of a GBA rom [.sna]. While playing Right-Click on emulator > Save State > Type Name > Save. To Load state, while playing, Right-click on emulator > Load State > Choose File > Open.

Last edited: