Emulator Problem: pcsx2-0.9.8 Games run slow.

Pjater

The games run slow what can i do?
Ive tried the speed hack thingy with no diffrence, i got a Amd dual-core 3ghz and 2gig ram and inbuilt Ati Radeon x1200 with 831mb memory and use windows 7 64bit.

damir_zg

i posted in this thread cuz we have similar problem

hi all, i just downloaded tekken5 (my first game) and it runs very slow ( on PCSX2 0.9.8 ), its like slow motion. in the menu FPS is ok about 30-40 but when the fight starts it goes down to 10-15 FPS

i got:
windows 7
2GB RAM
AMD athlon 64 3400+ (2.4GHz)
ATI Radeon 9600

i know my computer kinda sux but what could i do to try to make it work?

DB81397

What video plugin(s) are you using (if your emulator uses one)? Here's some tips:
Have very few or no other windows open except the emulator
turn OFF the frame limiter
change your battery plan to focus on computer performance

Pjater

Hmm the frame limiter didnt help much, but maybe this helps?

PCSX2 0.9.8.r4600 - compiled on Apr 27 2011
Savestate version: 0x9a010000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 1918 MB
CPU name = AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 3.006 ghz (2 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00002001
x86EFlags = ebd3fbff

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3
MMX2 .. 3DNOW .. 3DNOW2

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS : C:\Users\Pjater\Desktop\pcsx2\plugins\gsdx-sse2-r4600.dll
(GameDB) 9082 games on record (loaded in 307ms)
Windows 6.1.7600
ATI Radeon X1200 Series (8.14.10.647)
Binding PAD : C:\Users\Pjater\Desktop\pcsx2\plugins\lilypad-r4600.dll
Binding SPU2 : C:\Users\Pjater\Desktop\pcsx2\plugins\spu2-x-r4600.dll
Binding CDVD : C:\Users\Pjater\Desktop\pcsx2\plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB : C:\Users\Pjater\Desktop\pcsx2\plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW : C:\Users\Pjater\Desktop\pcsx2\plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9 : C:\Users\Pjater\Desktop\pcsx2\plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

rakanishu

pcsx2 needs a good pc to run at full speed

Most of the slowdown if because the specs you have, you will need at least 3 Ghz clocked dual processor, pcxs2 only uses dual processor so higher numbers of cores doesn't help the emulation, only higher clock rates does, I have mine clocked at 4Ghz and all games runs full speed, at east what I have tried.

Even video cards are no as decisive as processor for PSX2 emulation; you both lack of video power, I think you will need at least an Ati Radeon HD 3000 series or Nvidia GeForce 6600, of course higher is better, but after Radeon HD 4850 or GeForfe GTX 280; you won't find any speed improvement, after that you will need pure main processor brute force.

----------------------------------------------------
Windows 7 Professional x64 // Arch Linux x64
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T clocked at 4000 Mhz
8 Gb Dual Ram Corsair, running at 2000 Mhz
Ati Radeon HD 4850 1 Gb Ram
Mother Board Asus M4A89TD PRO/USB3

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
i posted in this thread cuz we have similar problem

hi all, i just downloaded tekken5 (my first game) and it runs very slow ( on PCSX2 0.9.8 ), its like slow motion. in the menu FPS is ok about 30-40 but when the fight starts it goes down to 10-15 FPS

i got:
windows 7
2GB RAM
AMD athlon 64 3400+ (2.4GHz)
ATI Radeon 9600

i know my computer kinda sux but what could i do to try to make it work?

Your system is under specced which is why your framerates are lagging. You need a fast dual core processor as a minimum, also Windows 7 will be using most of that 2Gb of Ram on its own. IMO you want a minimum of 4Gb ram if you're using Win 7 to run anything game or emulation related.

Pjater

Haha ok, i thougth it would work with my dual core, its a 3ghz, but mabey clock it when i got a new graphcard :p
I see in my keyboard that ram use is about 80% :O im gonna by more ram later, i got this comp from my little brother when he upgraded so i dont have layd a lot time for this comp :p

quantummechanic

Hi, I'm wondering if you guys can help me..... Im having the slowdown problem and wondering if its my hardware. I7 860 processer, gtx 295 gpu, 8 gigs of ram, and Windows 7 64 bit. Seems like enough to me but I would appropriate any advise.

TUSHAR999

PLEASE USE THIS TIP IF YOU WANT TO FAST YOUR PCSX2...... IN CONFIGURATION>>>>>>GS>>>>>>>>>>>CONFIGURE>>>>>>>>>>CUSTOM RESOLUTION IS VERY HIGH 1024.......THIS MAKE YOUR PCSX2 GAME SLOW SO YOU HAVE TO DELET 1024 FROM BOTH COLUMN AND RIGHT 512 IN BOTH COLUMN.............

Kesh360

I have Intel i7 1.7ghz 740qm processor
4gb ram , Ati HD5650 1gb graphics card and i am having problems my games are running slow , is there anything i can do to remedy the situation

NeoReaper

i have :
Pentium Dual-Core 3.33GHZ with 4gb ram and AMD Radeon 6450 (Silent)
and my frame rate drops to 20 when entering a video or fight in the game i play then the sound goes distorted to everyones voice
I play FFX-2 and ive tried using the ffx video fix and i tried disable frame-limiting but its still slow plz help me

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I have Intel i7 1.7ghz 740qm processor
4gb ram , Ati HD5650 1gb graphics card and i am having problems my games are running slow , is there anything i can do to remedy the situation
1.7 ??? LOL yes, get a faster CPU.

Many games will not run fast at all but the closer to a 4ghz cpu the better. Its best the have a quad so that the os has cores to play with while the game uses two. I used to disagree with this but my new cpu has four cores my old does not. The speeds are the same and the quad makes my games run at full speed. So consider a quad.

daronic

someone that can help me i got psx2 0.9.8 because i wanted to play kh2 but it goes so slow someone that can give the best configuration?
my pc specs:
pentium dual core CPU E5700 3.00 GHz
4 gb ram
nvidea geforce GTS 450 2 gb
windows 7 32-bit

plz someone help me

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
no people just go around saying that for no reason.

From the wiki
Dual core support allows PCSX2 to use up to 2 CPU cores speeding up the emulator significantly.

I'm sure 4 cores will take other load task the os is doing off, so it may help a bit. Though, the emulator only supports 2 cores.

RavenX13

Is my comp any good
I have windows 7
processor: intel celeron cpu 450 @ 2.20Ghz
3gb of ram

your cpu is barely enough to run pcsx2 on its own and without knowing what graphics card u have it makes it even harder to determine if your pc is any "good" ... if your looking to run a ps2 emulator id say probably not but if your looking to run some of the older emulators (nes snes ect ect) then you should be fine

criosray

no people just go around saying that for no reason.

From the wiki

I'm sure 4 cores will take other load task the os is doing off, so it may help a bit. Though, the emulator only supports 2 cores.

I believe there is a speedhack that allows pcsx2 to use 3 cores (MTVU Multi-Threaded MicroVU1)