Emulator Problem: No Non-Official (Double Negative?) Roms Working

Deji

Well, I have managed to get the latest ePSXe to work.. but not with anything other than an original PS1 disc (Crash Bandicoot 2, nothing exciting).

I have an ISO file with all the PS1 files I expected (mainly that SYSTEM.CNF that I usually see when I'm being nosy) which won't run. I've even burned the game to a disc perfectly but still, the emulation just stays on a blank (black, if you really need to know) screen. I've even tried making my own ISO of the files.. no dice.

With PSX, I get the generic PS logos (two of them, the second looking messed up) and then nothing more.. it freezes on the second logo. Which is more than I get with the Run CD option, which gives me a ("this blah blah can't be read by any CD driver" - replacing blah with whatever it actually says, of course).

So I'm forced to shamefully ask for help... Heeelp!

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Its a bad disk image. Either it hasn't converted properly or the image was bad in the first place. With both emulators the problem is that the emu's are trying to read a PS1 disk image and that's not what they're finding.